True Thunderbolt Performance
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt delivers the full potential of Thunderbolt 2 performance with the lowest latency, unmatched CPU efficiency and 2 ports for connecting additional peripherals.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt relies on Apogee’s proprietary Thunderbolt driver, written from the ground up to offer unmatched performance and efficiency. When using Logic Pro X, latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.35 ms round-trip*, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session’s DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Symphony I/O’s ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed.
To accommodate different workflow preferences, Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt features optional direct hardware monitoring through Symphony Control Software with 0.6ms of latency.
* Logic Pro X at 96kHz / 32 buffer setting
Devours Bits, Sips CPU
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s custom driver includes a revolutionary Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine to more efficiently read and write data directly to Mac memory independent of the Mac CPU.
The DMA engine, running on Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s hardware logic chip, increases the driver’s efficiency and provides the highest resolution signal possible to the DAC stage. This implementation allows the driver to crunch an enormous amount of data at an amazing speed while making a very light demand on your Mac CPU. You benefit from lower latency, more plug-in power, and a transparent and encompassing listening experience.
A new control experience
Symphony Control has been built from the ground up and replaces Apogee’s Maestro software for Symphony I/O Mk II users. Symphony Control delivers all the functionality of Maestro in a new, highly customizable user interface along with innovative new features like Talkback functionality, the simplified “Essentials” control window and an FX Send mixer feature, recently introduced as part of the Element Control software.
Symphony Control also features compatibility with the new Apogee Control hardware remote.
- Streamlined new interface
- Easily adapt the layout to fit your workflow
- Essentials control strip maximizes screen space
- FX send lets you use your DAW’s effects with low latency monitoring
- Use your Mac’s Built-in mic for new Talkback feature
- Output source button lets you toggle between mixes
- Configure main output for multiple speakers up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.4
- Analog IN: 16 balanced inputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax IN: S/PDIF on 1 RCA connector
- Analog OUT: 16 balanced outputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax OUT: Supports SPDIF on 1 RCA connector
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- 44.1kHz – 192kHz
- Latency: 1.35 ms with Logic Pro X (96 kHz / 32 buffer)
- Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac & MacBook Air
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.9.5 or greater
- Maestro app (included in software installer) and front panel touchscreen
- Logic Pro X
- Any Core Audio application on Mac