Avid Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual with 1Y Updates Support
The Industry-standard DAW for Professionals
Pro Tools is the industry-standard software production platform; however, if you want to use what major recording studios and broadcast-grade video post-production houses are using, you need to step up to Pro Tools | Ultimate. In addition to the standard Pro Tools features, you get up to 384 audio tracks (50% more than previous versions), as well as 7.1 surround, Atmos, and Ambisonics support, advanced editing functions, superior delay compensation, and expanded video implementation. In addition to that, you get support for advanced S6 features like waveform views, breakpoint automation views, and higher-level automation features. Complete with MacOS Mojave support, Pro Tools | Ultimate is the most state-of-the-art professional recording system on the planet.
Ultra-flexible recording, editing, and mixing environment
There’s a reason Avid’s Pro Tools | Ultimate is the go-to DAW for countless recording studios and editing suites around the world: it simply works. That’s why so many of us at Sweetwater choose Pro Tools | Ultimate for our own studios. Pro Tools | Ultimate’s ultra-streamlined 2-window user interface makes navigation easy, putting all the controls and commands you regularly use right at your fingertips. And most advanced functions are only an additional click away. Forget about spending days or even weeks just getting to know the program. With Pro Tools | Ultimate, you can dive right in quickly and establish the workflow that best meets your needs.
The power to create fluidly during playback
The newest version of Pro Tools | Ultimate enables you to make updates to tracks and timeline selections during playback with more fluidity than ever before. With zero interruption, you can create or delete tracks, enable or disable tracks, and add a preset to a track. You can also insert, move, or remove plug-ins and sends, make changes to your I/O, and record-enable and -disable tracks. Beyond that, you can adjust a loop or timeline selection’s start and end points or move an entire loop or timeline selection. Pro Tools | Ultimate empowers you to experiment with effects, presets, loop points, and more — all without stopping playback.
Create an amazing collection of powerful 64-bit AAX plug-ins
The Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle is now included in all active Pro Tools 1-year Software Updates + Support Plans as well as subscription licenses. This bundle includes every audio plug-in that Avid has to offer — classic compressors and EQs, studio effects, stompboxes, reverbs, guitar amps, and more. If you work in the box, you need a collection of top-shelf plug-ins. And with the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle, you’ll have every tool you need. They’re a must-have for Pro Tools users.
Integrated mixing and editing power that goes way deeper than plug-ins
As wonderful as AAX plug-ins are, they only scratch the surface of what Pro Tools | Ultimate has to offer. Much of its real production power is built into the environment itself. Flexible functions such as Avid’s multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you fix timing issues across your entire mix. Automatic delay compensation ensures that your mix remains intact, even when you pile on the plug-ins. What’s more, AAX plug-ins allow you to take projects back and forth between your Pro Tools | Ultimate system and standard Pro Tools systems, so collaborating with smaller studios is easy. Track compositing functions also let you quickly merge multiple takes into a single flawless performance. Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces lets you take total command of Pro Tools | Ultimate beyond the capabilities of HUI-based controllers. And thanks to Pro Tools | Ultimate’s faster-than-real-time offline bounce functions, mixing down stems and freeing up processor power is extremely simple.
Loaded with the quality tools you need for in-the-box music creation
As comprehensive as Pro Tools | Ultimate is for recording and editing audio, it’s also the weapon of choice for music composers and electronic musicians. Not only does Pro Tools | Ultimate include a full lineup of great virtual instruments, but it also gives you the environment and tools you need to get the most out of them. If you’re a traditional composer, you’ll love how easy it is to import your scores or create compositions in Pro Tools | Ultimate’s versatile score editor. And if you’re into modern MIDI production, Pro Tools | Ultimate’s top-shelf MIDI implementation, including support up to 1,024 MIDI tracks (double that of previous versions) will absolutely blow your mind!
Music production, broadcast, video post, and beyond
The power of Pro Tools | Ultimate extends far beyond the realm of music production, making it a favorite for video post and broadcast professionals around the world. With software-spanning interchange options such as OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, Clip Gain metadata support, and a Unified Video Engine that can play most common HD video formats without the need for transcoding, integrating your Pro Tools | Ultimate rig with Avid Media Composer is a snap. And with native support for 7.1 surrounds, Atmos, and Ambisonics, Pro Tools | Ultimate is able to tackle video game design, VR audio, and even full theatrical mixes completely in the box — no console required.
In-the-box dubber workflows (HDX systems only)
Use Pro Tools | Ultimate in any punch mode (Quick punch, Track punch, or Destructive punch), and it will now calibrate and time-align your stems, eliminating latency and audio artifacts when punching in and out of cascaded tracks. This affects both the actual recording and what you hear in real-time. Now you can achieve click-free sound, completing all single-system post-re-recorder workflows in the box!
Boost your productivity with clip-based effects
Apply nondestructive EQ, filtering, and dynamics processing to a clip without affecting the entire track — in real-time! Select a single clip or group of clips on your timeline and tweak them to perfection using Avid’s powerful Channel Strip plug-in (based on the Euphonix System 5 console). With clip-based effects, you can create more consistency when working with multiple clips of related audio without resorting to rendered AudioSuite processing. Post-production engineers will quickly find this function indispensable when they’re working with dialogue or voice-overs.
Connect and collaborate with other musicians and audio pros
With Avid Cloud Collaboration, you can connect and collaborate with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers, giving you access to the right tools, workflows, and connections you need to make your work stand apart from the crowd. It doesn’t matter where you and your collaborators are — it’s like working together in the same studio! On top of that, the Avid Marketplace and Artist Community connect you with the largest network of media professionals to help you share, promote, and sell your work.
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate Features:
- Industry-standard digital audio workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- Interact with and make updates to tracks and timeline selections during playback without interruption
- Supports Ambisonics full-sphere surround sound — perfect for video game design and VR Audio
- Supports up to 1,024 MIDI tracks — that’s double that of earlier versions
- MIDI Input Display shows notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller
- MIDI merge enhancements include the seamless merging of newly performed and existing MIDI CC automation
- MIDI clips turn red during recording, blurring the distinction between MIDI and audio
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note for super-fast MIDI editing
- Name field in the New Track dialog makes naming tracks faster than ever
- Scroll to Track allows you to identify a track by name and scroll to it
- Batch Rename command for Tracks and Clips
- 64-bit architecture unlocks serious processing power and massive session handling
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Complete Dolby Atmos integration for mixing object-based audio
- Apply non-destructive EQ, filtering, and dynamics processing with clip-based effects
- Use Pro Tools | HDX in any punch mode, and it will calibrate and time-align your stems
- Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions
- Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects
- Layered Editing prevents you from losing overlapped clips while editing
- Real-time fade manipulation for creating quick crossfades
- Send fully overlapped clips to a or existing playlist while editing and/or while recording
- Grid Toggle function makes flipping between Grid and Slip modes easy
- Tandem Trimming enables trimming the start and end of two adjacent clips simultaneously
- Clip Overwrite Indicator alerts you when you move an audio clip so that it fully overlaps a smaller off-screen clip
- Soundbase uses tags to make locating audio files and loops easy
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified Media Engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation extremely fast and incredibly simple
- Simple keyboard commands let you quickly disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 384 tracks with the software alone (50% more than previous versions) and up to 1,152 voices by adding native voice packs or HDX cards
- Take advantage of over 60 bundled 64-bit plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio let you correct timing across all your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full-time code support with feet and frames rulers and a 24-hour timeline support
- Mix in everything from mono to 7.1 surround sound
- Avid Cloud Collaboration and the Avid Marketplace let you connect and collaborate
- 1 year of software updates, ExpertPlus Support, Avid’s Complete Plug-in Bundle, and MachineControl
- Software Type: Pro Tools Ultimate DAW software
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full with 1-year updates
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Bit Depth:64-bit
- Authorization Type: iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud account (internet connection required)
- Hardware Requirements – Mac: Intel Core i7 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- Hardware Requirements – PC: Intel Xeon E7 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- OS Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.13.6 to 10.15.5 (Catalina 10.15.4 not supported)
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 10 or later
- Manufacturer Part Number: 9513-30404-00