Designed in collaboration with Stephen Sank, the prefix JRS pays homage to the late Jon R. Sank, who was known for his work with RCA that produced legendary microphones.
Built upon the shoulders of giant RCA mics, each JRS-34 ribbon is cut, corrugated and installed by hand.
Custom CineMag transformers, a patented round magnet, and Cloudlifter JFET technology expand the JRS-34’s performance for today’s applications.
The active JRS-34 requires phantom power and has an output level compatible with virtually any modern preamp.
Made in the USA
Shipped in a custom wood case with a two year ribbon warranty and a limited lifetime warranty on all other parts.
• Figure 8 polar pattern w/ -35db null at 90°
• Patented Rounded Magnet technology
• Phantom Powered “Cloudlifter” Class A, Discrete Circuity
• Ribbon dimensions: .19″ wide, 2.35″ long, 1.8 microns thick
• New mount offers 180 degree range of motion
• Internally shock mounted
• Handmade entirely in the USA
• Dimensions: 7.75” x 3” x 1.75”
• Weight: 1.03lbs
• Frequency Response: 20 HZ – > 20kHz
• Output Sensitivity: -27 dBv/Pa
• Max SPL: 138 dB > 1kHz
• Out Impedance (in Ohms): 150 ohms
• Recommended Load (in Ohms): 1kohm or greater
• Supplied Accessories: Wood Case, Mic cover
• Optional Accessories: Cloud U1 Shockmount