The biaxial d&b audiotechnik 10A is a high-performance, 2-way point source loudspeakers housing a single 10″ driver in a bass-reflex enclosure with different high-frequency sections.
An integrator’s choice for theater, opera house, and houses of worship, where, for example, light-weight unobtrusive enclosures need to be hung above center stage, the d&b audiotechnik 10A is a passive speaker with neodymium drivers and large horns for accurate pattern control. The b&d audiotechnik 10A loudspeaker is equipped with a 1.4″ exit compression driver, featuring rotatable dispersion characteristics of 75° x 50°. With a frequency response ranging from 60Hz to 18kHz, the 10A can be used as a full-range system. For greater bass extension the 10A can also be supplemented by subwoofers from either the d&b audiotechnik xS-series or xA-series. A-series 18A or 27A subwoofers can also be integrated into the array.
d&b audiotechnik 10A passive loudspeaker—at a glance:
- Arrayable, installation-specific 2-way point-source loudspeaker
- 10″ driver, 1.4″ HF exit compression driver
- 75° x 50° rotatable dispersion
- 130dB maximum SPL
- Marine plywood construction with impact-resistant black finish
- Neutrik NL4 connectors (2)
- Light-weight; 31 lb. (14kg)
- Available in all RAL* colors with weather-resistant option up to IP55**
d&b audiotechnik 10A passive loudspeaker—parsing the details
The enclosure of the 10A is constructed from marine plywood with an impact-resistant black paint finish and is Ball-Impact-Resistant according to DIN 18032-3 for schools and sports halls. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed by an acoustically transparent foam. The side panels have an integrated rigging system, while the rear panel incorporates two Neutrik NL4 speakON connectors, as well as a two-pole terminal block with screws. The loudspeaker cabinet and most accessories are also available with the Special Color (SC) option that can be implemented in all RAL colors. Additionally, the Weather Resistant (WR) option provides an IP55 rating, which enables operation of loudspeakers in changing ambient conditions.
*RAL is a color-matching system that defines standard colors for varnish, powder coating, and plastics. It’s the most popular Central European color standard used today.
**The IP Code or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating. IP55: Protected from limited dust ingress. Protected from low-pressure water jets from any direction.
The four-channel, 800W (@ 8 ohms) d&b 30D amplifier is recommended to drive the 10A in applications where medium to high sound pressure level (SPL) capabilities are called for. The d&b D20, D80, 10D, and D6 can also be used.
- Houses of worship
Other installations where compact, light-weight enclosures are required, including the 4D Experience at the London Eye
For assistance ordering or configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 10A point-source loudspeakers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio Professional today.
d&b audiotechnik 10A Specifications
- Frequency response (-5 dB standard): 60Hz – 18kHz
- Frequency response (-5 dB CUT mode): 100Hz – 18kHz
Max. sound pressure*
- With D6/10D Amps: 127dB
- With D20/30D Amps: 130dB
- With D80 Amp: 130dB
- Cabinets per amplifier channel: 3
*1 m, free field, SPL max peak test signal: pink noise with crest factor 4
- Configuration: Installation specific array-able 2-way point-source loudspeaker
- Nominal impedance: 12 ohm
- Power-handling capacity (RMS/peak 10 ms): 200/1200W
- Nominal dispersion angle (h x v): 75° x 50° rotatable
- 10″ driver with neodymium magnet
- 4″ compression driver with CD horn
- Passive crossover network
- Connections: 2 x NL4 speakON, screw terminal block
- Height: 11-3/32″ (283 mm)
- Width: 22-13/16″ (580 mm_
- Depth: 13-13/16″ (350 mm)
- 31 lb. (14kg)