The biaxial d&b audiotechnik 10AL-D is a high-performance, wide-dispersion 2-way line-array loudspeaker with a 10″ driver and two 1″ high-frequency compression drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure.
The d&b 10AL-D is the integrator’s choice for theater, opera house, and houses of worship, and other venues where, for example, light-weight unobtrusive enclosures are positioned beside the film screen for cinema sound. The d&b audiotechnik 10AL-D is a passive line-array module with a 10″ neodymium driver and large high-frequency constant directivity horn for accurate pattern control. The b&d audiotechnik 10AL-D loudspeaker is equipped with two 1″ exit compression drivers featuring wide dispersion characteristics of 105°. With a frequency response ranging from 60Hz to 18kHz, the 10AL-D can be used as a full-range system. For greater bass extension the 10AL-D can also be supplemented by subwoofers from either the d&b audiotechnik xS-series or xA-series. A-series 18A or 27A subwoofers can also be integrated into the array.
d&b audiotechnik 10AL-D passive line-array module—at a glance:
- Arrayable, installation-specific 2-way line-array loudspeaker
- 10″ driver, 2x 1″ HF exit compression drivers
- Constant directivity horn
- 105° dispersion
- 132dB maximum SPL
- Marine plywood construction with impact-resistant black finish
- Neutrik NL4 connectors (2)
- Light-weight; 31 lb. (14kg)
- Available in all RAL* colors with weather-resistant option up to IP55**
d&b audiotechnik 10AL-D passive loudspeaker—parsing the details
The enclosure of the 10AL-D is constructed from marine plywood with an impact-resistant black paint finish and is Ball-Impact-Resistant according to DIN 18032-3 for schools and sports halls. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed by an acoustically transparent foam. The side panels have an integrated rigging system, while the rear panel incorporates two Neutrik NL4 speakON connectors, as well as a two-pole terminal block with screws. The loudspeaker cabinet and most accessories are also available with the Special Color (SC) option that can be implemented in all RAL colors. Additionally, the Weather Resistant (WR) option provides an IP55 rating, which enables operation of loudspeakers in changing ambient conditions.
*RAL is a color-matching system that defines standard colors for varnish, powder coating, and plastics. It’s the most popular Central European color standard used today.
**The IP Code or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating. IP55: Protected from limited dust ingress. Protected from low-pressure water jets from any direction.
The four-channel, 800W (@ 8 ohms) d&b 30D amplifier is recommended to drive the 10AL-D in applications where medium to high sound pressure level (SPL) capabilities are called for. The d&b D20, D80, 10D, and D6 can also be used.
- Houses of worship
- Other installations where compact, light-weight enclosures are preferred
For assistance ordering or configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 10AL-D line-array loudspeakers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio Professional today.
d&b audiotechnik 10AL-D Specifications:
- Frequency response (-5 dB standard): 60Hz – 18kHz
- Frequency response (-5 dB CUT mode): 100Hz – 18kHz
Max. sound pressure*
- With D6/10D Amps: 129dB
- With D20/30D Amps: 132dB
- With D80 Amp: 132dB
- Cabinets per amplifier channel: 3
*1 m, free field, SPL max peak test signal: pink noise with crest factor 4
- Configuration: Installation specific array-able 2-way line-array loudspeaker
- Nominal impedance: 12 ohm
- Power-handling capacity (RMS/peak 10 ms): 200/1200W
- Nominal dispersion angle (horizontal): 105°
- 10″ driver with neodymium magnet
- 2x 1″ compression driver with CD horn
- Passive crossover network
- Connections: 2 x NL4 speakON, screw terminal block
- Height: 11-3/32″ (283 mm)
- Width: 22-13/16″ (580 mm_
- Depth: 13-13/16″ (350 mm)
- 31 lb. (14kg)