The biaxial d&b audiotechnik 10S-D is a high-performance, 2-way point-source loudspeaker with a single 10″ driver mounted in a bass-reflex enclosure with different high-frequency sections for versatility.
The biaxial d&b audiotechnik 10S-D is 2-way, high-performance loudspeaker with a 10″ driver mounted in a bass-reflex enclosure. An excellent choice for theater and houses of worship, the wide-dispersion 10S-D cabinet features different high-frequency sections for a wide range of fixed installation applications. The 10S-D is a light-weight, passive design that uses neodymium drivers and large horns for accurate pattern control. It also features rotatable dispersion of 110° x 55°. The 10S-D loudspeaker is equipped with a 1.4″ exit compression driver. With an extended frequency response ranging from 60Hz to 18kHz the 10S-D can be used as full range system or supplemented by various subwoofers in d&b audiotechnik’s xS-Series.
d&b audiotechnik 10S-D—At a Glance:
- Point-source loudspeaker
- Installation-specific, high-performance 2-way loudspeaker with wide dispersion
- 10″ LF driver and 1.4″ HF driver
- Dispersion 110° x 55° rotatable
- Max SPL 127-130dB
- Marine plywood construction with impact-resistant black finish
- Neutrik NL4 connectors (2)
- Light-weight; 29 lb. (13kg)
- Available in all RAL* colors with weather-resistant option up to IP55**
d&b audiotechnik 10S-D—Parsing the Details:
With an impact-resistant black paint finish, the 10S-D enclosure is constructed from marine plywood and is designated by DIN 18032-3 as “ball-impact resistant” for use in schools and sports halls. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed by an acoustically transparent foam. The top and bottom panels incorporate a pair of M10 threaded inserts and the rear panel incorporates two M8 threaded inserts, two NL4 connectors as well as a two-pole screw terminal block. The loudspeaker cabinets and most accessories are also available with the Special Color (SC) option that can be executed in all RAL colors, whilst the Weather Resistant (WR) option provides an IP55 rating, and enables operation of loudspeakers in changing ambient conditions.
*RAL is a color-matching system that defines standard colors for varnish, powder coating, and plastics. It’s the most popular Central European color standard used today.
**The IP Code or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating. IP55: Protected from limited dust ingress. Protected from low-pressure water jets from any direction.
The four-channel, 800W (@ 8 ohms) d&b 30D amplifier is recommended to drive the 10S-D in applications where medium to high sound pressure level (SPL) capabilities are called for. The d&b D20, D80, 10D, and D6 can also be used.
- Houses of worship
- Other installations where compact, light-weight enclosures are required
For assistance ordering or configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 10S-D point-source loudspeakers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio Professional today.
d&b audiotechnik 10S-D specifications:
- Frequency response (–5dB standard) 60Hz–18kHz
- Frequency response (–5dB CUT mode) 100Hz–18kHz
Max. sound pressure (1m, free field)1
- with D6/10D: 127dB
- with D20/30D: 130dB
- with D80: 130dB
Cabinets per amplifier channel
- Configuration: Installation-specific high-performance 2-way loudspeaker with wide dispersion
- Nominal impedance: 12 ohm
- Power handling capacity (RMS/peak 10ms) 200/1200W
- Nominal dispersion angle (h x v) 110° x 55° rotatable
- 10″ driver with neodymium magnet
- 4″ compression driver with CD horn
- passive crossover network
- 2 x NL4
- screw terminal block
- H: 22-13/16″ (638 mm)
- W: 11-3/32″ (338 mm)
- D: 13-13/16″ (365 mm)
- 29 lb. (13 kg)
1 1 m, free field, SPL max peak test signal: pink noise with crest factor 4