The d&b audiotechnik 30D is a 4 x 1,600W per-channel power amplifier with comprehensive DSP, remote control, and automatic impedance compensation, optimized for d&b loudspeakers
If you’re design specification for a fixed installation requires medium sound pressure levels (SPL), select the 2U, four-channel d&b audiotechnik 30D power amplifier for permanent integration with d&b audiotechnik loudspeakers, This D6 features comprehensive input-management functionalities with separate gain control for each input channel, general purpose inputs/outputs (GPIO), and a general fault connector. Enhanced system status monitoring functions such as Input and Load monitoring ensure reliability in emergency situations. The 30D shares the same DSP platform as the latest generation of d&b amplifiers, providing configurations for all d&b loudspeakers (except SL series) as well as a linear mode. The 30D is recommended for larger applications comprising the A-Series, J-Series, SL-Series, V-Series, M2 monitor, B22-SUB, and systems that require a higher SPL output.
d&b audiotechnik 30D—At a Glance:
- Installation-specific, four-channel amplifier
- 4 x 1600W into 4 ohm maximum power
- Compatible with all current d&b loudspeaker setups except SL-Series
- 5 freely assignable GPIOs (General Purpose Input Output) + General fault
d&b audiotechnik 30D—Parsing the Details
The DSP integrated within the 30D incorporates comprehensive loudspeaker management, switchable filtering functions, and user-definable equalization and delay. This includes two 16-band equalizers, providing optional parametric, asymmetric, shelving or notch filtering and up to 10s (= 3440 m/11286 ft.) signal delay, all of which can be applied independently to each channel.
The 30D can be controlled via the d&b Remote network, either via Ethernet using the Open Control Architecture protocol (OCA) or CAN-Bus using RJ45 connectors. The 30D is accessed from an integrated web interface, which enables control via browser, or using the d&b R1 Remote control software. The device itself contains LEDs to display power, input, data, and mute status.
The LoadMatch function of the 30D electrically compensates for the impedance characteristics of the loudspeaker cable used. The 30D incorporates Class D amplifiers featuring a power supply with active Power Factor Correction (PFC)* suitable for mains voltages 100V/127V; 50–60Hz, and 208V/240V; 50–60Hz, maintaining a stable output when used with weak or unstable mains supplies. Input and output connectors are all Euroblock sockets.
*What is power factor correction (PFC)—Power factor correction is a technique of increasing the power factor of a power supply. Switching power supplies without power factor correction draw current in short, high-magnitude pulses, which can be smoothed out by using active or passive techniques. This reduces the input RMS current and apparent input power, thereby increasing the power factor. Power factor correction tries to push the power factor of the power supply towards 1. It gets to as close as 0.95 which is acceptable for most applications.
The 30D amplifier provides four analog inputs, four digital AES/EBU channels through two inputs, as well as separate analog and digital links, all on Euroblock connectors. The digital input pairs contain independent sample-rate converters. Each input features separate input gain, meaning sources with various output levels can be used without requiring an external mixing device. All eight individual inputs can be used simultaneously, then summed and routed to any of the four outputs.
System status monitoring
d&b amplifiers incorporate specific functions to check, monitor, and control a d&b system in a specific installation scenario. The System Check feature can verify the status of a complete reinforcement system by measuring the impedance of the connected loudspeakers. Each driver in the system is checked and compared to the default impedance values for each particular cabinet. This calibration ensures that each loudspeaker performs within a tolerance band, and indicates possible damage to system components. The Input monitoring function can detect an incoming pilot signal regardless of whether this input is routed to an output. The Load monitoring function can detect a possible loudspeaker malfunction. This feature automatically checks load impedance to calculate individual driver status and report any failure.
GPIO and General Fault Contact
The d&b installation amplifiers incorporate separate Euroblock connectors for General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) and a fault contact. The GPIO connector offers five pins providing additional digital control lines that can be configured to be either an input or output. This enables the use of external devices to control and detect certain functionalities within the 30D. The GPIOs can be configured to Power the device, mute individual or all channels, change the AmpPreset or to check the mains voltage, power, or individual channel status. The separate fault contact allows a general device error to be remotely indicated.
Integrated web interface
The 30D amplifier features an integrated web interface to control individual amplifiers via a standard web browser. In small applications, this allows direct control of each device without the need to create an R1 Remote control software file. The amplifier and the computer must be connected to an Ethernet network. Using a wireless access point, these d&b amplifiers can be controlled using mobile devices.
Architectural specifications for detailed project planning
If you require architectural specifications for a d&b system or a specific d&b Series, the most important technical specifications can be downloaded from the d&b audiotechnik website.
For assistance configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 30D amplifiers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio integrator today.
d&b audiotechnik 30D specifications:
Digital Signal Processing
- Equalizer: 2 x 16-band PEQ/notch/shelving/asymmetric
- Latency analog and digital inputs: 0.3ms
- Delay setting: 0.3ms – 10s
- Configurations: Current d&b loudspeakers (except SL-Series) and linear mode
- Function switches: d&b loudspeaker specific circuits
- Frequency generator: Pink noise or Sine wave 10Hz-20kHz
- SRC (Sample rate converter): Selectable for AES 1/2 and 3/4
- Sampling rate: 27-bit/96kHz ADC; 24-Bit DAC
Controls and indicators
- Power: Mains power switch (rear panel)
- ISP, GR, OVL A/B: LED indicators
- Input analog (A1 – A4): 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- Analog link (A1 – A4): 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- Input digital (D1/2, D3/4): 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male, AES3
- Digital link (output): 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- Sampling Digital AES/EBU: 48/96kHz
- Speaker outputs A/B/C/D: 2 x 4-pin Phoenix Euroblock female
- Sampling rate: 48/96kHz / 2 Ch/n
- Mix TOP/SUB / 2-Way Active output A/B and C/D: 2 x 4-pin Phoenix Euroblock female
- GPIO (general purpose input output): 1 x 6-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- CAN: 2 x RJ45 parallel
- Ethernet: 2 x RJ45, 10/100Mbit Ethernet
- Mains connector: powerCON®
- General fault: 1 x 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
Data (linear setting with subsonic filter)
Maximum output power per channel (THD+N < 0.5%, all channels driven)
- CF = 6dB at 4/8 ohm: 4 x 1,000/800W
- CF = 12dB at 4/8 ohm: 4 x 1,600/800W
S/N ratio (un-weighted, RMS)
- Analog input: > 104dBr
- Digital input: > 106dBr
- Type: Universal range switched mode power supply with active power factor correction (PFC)
- Rated mains voltage: 100 to 240V; 50–60Hz
Dimensions / weight
- (H x W x D): 2U x 19″ x 17-3/32″ (2U x 488 x 435 mm)
- Weight: 23.4 lb. (10.6 kg)