Small-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone in a lollipop style housing made from plumbing flanges and stainless steel bolts. Acoustically very accurate, with a full, even frequency response, a neutral, natural character, and a very smooth high end. Because of her clarity and fast transient response, she excels with acoustic instruments, especially guitar, but also violin, mandolin, and cello. She compares very well with any high-quality SDC. Visually striking, retro-industrial styling combined with great, accurate, detailed sound. Cardioid pick up pattern, with great rejection of off pattern sound, makes for easy use in a live mix.
Acoustic instruments, live or in the studio.
• Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
• Side address
• Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
• Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
• Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
• Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit
• Packed in metal tool case with custom-cut foam padding. Clip included
• TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, small (16 mm) diaphragm
• POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 – 18K hz (-3dB)
• SENSITIVITY: -40dB (4 mV/Pa)
• OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm • NOISE LEVEL, A-weighted: <16 dBA • POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power • WEIGHT: .9 lb (3.5 lbs cased) • DIMENSIONS: 8 1/2” x 2 1/2” x 1 3/4”; head is 2” in diameter