The new Tonal Balance Control plug-in introduces industry-first visual analysis and communicates with all instances of Neutron so you can shape a perfectly balanced mix. Instantly call up any Neutron EQ and adjust your tracks to targets based on intelligent analysis of tens of thousands of professional mixes. You can even create your own custom targets from one or more songs in your personal library.
A new way to analyze your music, the Tonal Balance Control plug-in communicates with the Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 Equalizers (available separately). This new inter-plug-in communication lets you fix mix issues that hinder mastering and bridges the gap between the two. No more context switching or opening up multiple windows?just tonally balanced, professional sounding music.
Introducing the Visual Mixer
The new Visual Mixer creates a picture of the entire soundstage, giving you control over individual tracks and enabling you to quickly and intuitively set the contour of your mix?all without leaving the window. Control the pan, gain, and width inside of Neutron so your mix sounds exactly how you intended.
Unmask your mix
An industry first, Neutron’s Masking Meter allows you to visually identify perceptual frequency collisions, which can result in guitars masking lead vocals, bass covering up drums, and other issues that can cause a “muddy” or overly crowded mix. Toggle seamlessly between any two tracks to carve out sonic space and ensure that each instrument has its own place to shine.
Tap into every track
We understand that producers and engineers don?t always use iZotope plug-ins on every track. That?s okay! You can still route any of your tracks to the Tonal Balance Control plug-in, Visual Mixer, or Masking Meter from the new Mix Tap plug-in. Enjoy the flexibility of using any plug-in while still getting all the benefits of our innovative new tools across your entire mix.
Neutron for Post
Neutron is the smartest way to mix for audio post production. Neutron 2 Advanced includes Track Assistant to quickly analyze and set a starting point for your audio across Neutron’s six zero-latency, CPU-efficient audio processors. Highlights include an award-winning BS.1770 True Peak Limiter, multiband Gate with Hysteresis, EQ Learn, dynamic EQ to sonically balance sub-mixes, dialogue-polishing Neutrino mode, and surround sound support across all modules.
The advanced version includes:
– Import custom tracks to create your own targets
– View modes: broad or fine
– Control Neutron or Ozone EQ
– Low End Crest Factor Meter
– Control volume, pan, and stereo width
– View sonic activity with node metering
– Create snapshots of your mix
– Automatic track labeling from your DAW (requires AAX, AU, or VST3 support)
– Select, show, and hide tracks
– Set EQ nodes and curves
– Set threshold in Compressors
– NEW! Set attack in Compressors
– NEW! Set release in Compressors
– NEW! Set ratio in Compressors
– NEW! Set drive in Exciter
– NEW! Set threshold in Transient Shaper
– IMPROVED! Instrument/Dialog detection
– Neutrino spectral shaping
– Route any track to Visual Mixer
– Route any track to Tonal Balance Control
– Route any track to Masking Meter
– High pass filter
– Delay offset
– Phase invert
– Sum to mono
– Swap channels
– Mac: OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) – macOS 10.13 (Sierra)
– Windows: Windows 7 – 10
Supported plug-in hosts
Pro Tools 10-12, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Cubase 9, FL Studio 12, REAPER 5, Reason 9.5, Bitwig Studio 2, Studio One 3, Nuendo 7, Sonar, Digital Performer