The Series Black LA-220 large diaphragm FET studio condenser microphone by Lauten Audio is a professional and versatile microphone for studio vocal and instrument recording. At its core the LA-220 features a U.S. made ultra-low-noise JFET amplifier, a 1″ pressure gradient true-condenser capsule with cardioid polar pattern, independent 120 Hz low-cut and 12 kHz high-cut filters, and a transformer balanced output. The low-cut filter helps reduce boomy lows or low-end room rumble; the high-cut filter helps to tame bright rooms and sources. These features help you to achieve excellent recordings regardless of your skill level.
At a glance
• Professional level vocal and instrument condenser microphone
• Ideal for creating vibrant modern vocals
• High-cut filter tames bright sources
• Low-cut filter removes room rumble and muddiness
• Ultra-low-noise USA JFET amplifier for superior solid-state sound
• Vintage inspired transformer balanced output
You are ready for this
Get ready to enter the world of professional studio microphones. It’s time for you to let the Series Black LA-220 lead the way into that professoinal tone you’ve been looking for. Designed for the budding the recordist, the LA-220 is the best entry into professional quality recordings with a professional studio microphone. We’ve made it easy to use and affordable for anyone to get serious about their sound.
Independent filters clean your tone
The high and low cut filters make solving common problems in home, basement or bedroom recording environments easy. The LA-220 features two independent filters located on the microphone and easy to engage via switches located on the front. If the room or source is boomy, or you have low-end rumble from outside sources like road noise, furnace, air conditioner etc., turn on the low-cut filter and eliminate the problem. Want to get away from the “harsh” tone you hear about? Then use the high-cut to roll-off above 12k and tame your source. What’s even cooler is you can use both filters at the same time making this microphone extremely versatile and your solution to problems before the recording hits your hard drive.
Incredible price performance ratio
Make no mistake; the LA-220 is a professional level condenser microphone. Inside is a large, 1-inch pressure gradient true-condenser capsule and ultra-low-noise USA JFET amplifier. It also contains high quality polypropylene capacitors and resistor, components found in much more expensive microphones. We have utilized our many years of experience to create the best price to performance ratio of any large diaphragm FET microphone. Any engineer is sure to be pleased with their results.
Equipped and ready for recording
The LA-220 comes equipped with a spider shock mount to isolate the microphone from vibrations such as a tapping foot or outside rumble from street noise.
• Type: 1 inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid
• Circuit: JFET transistor with transformer balanced output
• Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
• Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
• Impedance: < 200 ohms
• Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
• Self-noise Level: <15dB-A
• Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa -40dB (0 dB=1V/Pa 1kHz)
• Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12 kHz high-cut filters
• Connector: 3-pin XLR
• Power Requirement: +48v Phantom power
This microphone comes with a 1 year limited warranty from date of sale from authorized dealer/distributor. Items limited to 90-days coverage include shock mounts, shock mount bands, cases, boxes, cables, microphone bags, and vacuum tubes.