The MCDSP 4030 Retro Compressor HD is a unique dynamic range control topology. It is coupled with a wet/dry mix control to balance compressed and uncompressed signals. An active attack and release design allow aggressive compression settings with minimal artifact generation. All Retro plug-ins use a McDSP designed output stage that puts a unique transformer-like touch on the audio signal.
Retro plug-ins are a line of ‘classics’ that can live up to their own name without emulating something else.
The signal-dependent ‘smarts’ in the 4030 Retro Compressor make it an ideal choice for vocals. The Ratio control is continuous, giving you that ‘just right’ compression ratio.
The Mix control of the 4030 Retro Compressor really shines when used on a drum buss.
The 4030 Retro is very capable of delivering a good sound using its internal signal-dependent ‘smarts’. Its utility across a diverse range of input signals should not be underestimated.
- Unique original algorithms with transparent yet vintage sound
- Up to 36 dB of signal gain
- Unique Output Stage Topology
- Double precision processing
- Zero latency
- Collection of presets from award-winning mix engineers
- Mono and stereo versions
- HD: AAX DSP/Native, AU, VST3
- Native: AAX Native, AU, VST3