The UM 930 twin switchable pattern studio condenser microphone combines modern large diaphragm capsule technology with the latest in semiconductor circuit topology.
The optimized dual-capsule assembly opens up new applications in recording techniques.
In addition to conventional switched patterns, two different directional patterns can be selected at the same time.
The UM 930 twin is specifically designed to meet the needs of professional and semi-professional users who demand the highest performance. This microphone is ideally suited for universal miking applications
in broadcast and sound studios.
Applications include vocalists, announcers, dialog pickup and as spot microphones for recording guitars,keyboards, percussion, wind and string instruments.
The microphone is side addressed. The front shows the model type and the polar pattern inscription.
Acoustic influences resulting from the housing resonance and/or mechanical vibration are reduced by the robust construction and by a special internal mounting technology within the housing that dampens vibrations.
• DUAL CONDENSER MICROPHONE
• with switchable polar pattern
• Phantom powering P 48 V
• OPERATING MODES switch selectable
• Simultaneous recording with two polar patterns
The UM 930 twin is equipped with one fixed cardioid directivity pattern, and five additional user-selectable directivities. The 5-pin XLR connector enables the separate capsule directivity patterns to be used simultaneously.
This makes it possible for the recording engineer to compare the directional properties against the reference cardioid during live recording a well as in post production.
You can replace the black O-rings surrounding the switch ring with green, red and blue colored rings to help identify microphones.
The UM 930 twin is activated by means of a 5-pin XLR connection cable, or with the 5-pin XLR to 2 x 3-pin XLR adapter cable.
• Large diaphragm dual-capsule
• Exceptional dynamic range
• Equivalent noise level 7 dBA
• Transformerless output
• Elastic capsule suspension
• Satin nickel / dark bronze finish
• One microphone records two separate
• polar patterns simultaneously
• Clear indication of selected
• Continuous control of variable polar pattern
• from the mixing console
• or PC using separate signal outputs
• Cardioid front
• Cardioid rear selected by switch ring
• Polar patterns reference cardioid front
• switchable cardioid, fig.-8, hypercardioid, wide cardioid, omni
• Acoustic operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
• Dual-capsule large diaphragm
• Frequency range 40 … 18000 Hz
• Sensitivity at 1 kHz (cardioid) 20 mV/Pa
• Output impedance 100
• Noise level CCIR 13 dB
• (cardioid) DIN EN 60 651 7 dB – A
• Signal-to-noise ratio CCIR-weighted 81 dB
• (re 1 Pa at 1 kHz) A-weighted 87 dB
• Max. SPL for K 0,5 % THD 142 dB
• Dynamic range 135 dB
• Current consumtion (P 48, DIN 45596, IEC 268-15) 4,5 mA
• Output connector 5-pin XLR connector, goldplated contacts
• Weight 930 g
• Dimensions (L x Ø) 158 mm x 65 mm
• Finish satin nickel, dark bronze