8-in/8-out MIDI interface, patchbay, and merger with time code sync
THE EXPRESS XT NOW INCLUDES:
- Support for 23.976 time code*
- Updated ClockWorks software
Built with MOTU’s award-winning MIDI interface technology, the MIDI Express XT is a professional MIDI interface and SMPTE synchronizer that provides plug-and-play connectivity to any USB-equipped Mac or Windows computer.
The Express XT provides 8 MIDI IN, 9 MIDI OUT, 128 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the Express XT converts and stripes SMPTE in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The Express XT also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The Express XT can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Connect a footswitch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
The MIDI Express XT takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. And the Express XT’s internal international power supply delivers reliable performance and professional operation.
No other MIDI interface offers this much value and performance at such an affordable price.
- USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows
- Stand-alone MIDI patchbay/merger/processor
- SMPTE time code sync in all formats (includes new support for 23.976 fps time code*)
- 8×8 MIDI merge matrix: connects any device to any other
- 16 front panel presets
- 8 independent MIDI IN
- 8 independent MIDI OUT (9 output connectors)
- 128 MIDI channels
- Supports MIDI Machine Control
- Pedal input for momentary foot switch
- 16 presets with 8 programmable, battery-backed memory
- MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sub-millisecond timing accuracy
- Includes updated drivers and ClockWorks™ software for Mac and Windows
- Internal Power Supply
*This feature is available only in MIDI Express XT “re-release” models manufactured in 2011 or later.