PENTA 721s DIGITAL & ANALOG AUDIO INTERFACE
Designed for stand-alone use in recording studios, radio stations & stage venues
PENTA 721s is a new generation audio router and audio distribution interface from NTP Technology, which provides a versatile and flexible interface for signal distribution of analog, and digital audio via AES/EBU and MADI, as well as routing via IP Gigabit Ethernet and optical fibre networks including Dante. It has all the features of the Penta 721 with the addition of a card slot that can accept one of the 7 Penta interface cards to exactly match your I/O requirements.
PENTA 721s is a compact 1U digital audio interface
It comes as standard with the following I/O:
- Eight-channel AES/EBU input/output channels
- MADI in/out
- Two IP Audio Ethernet in/outs connected to a 64-channel Dante interface, with support for AES67 with SAP & Dante Domain Manager
- Card slot for one of seven optional NTP I/O and processing cards, and a slot for optional Dual MADI Module
- 64 MADI / BNC
- 2 IP Audio RJ45 Ethernet Ports ( DANTE Brooklyn 2 card included as standard)
- 8 AES/EBU I/O and 1-3 MADI I/O
- Word clock and VBB in and out
- AES11 Sync Input ( clock)
- 512 x 1512 routing
- IP audio L3 Ethernet I/O powered by Dante
- TCP/IP control via NTP Router Control System and Standalone control applications for PC Single or Dual power supply
- 1 Card Slot – choose from one of the seven Penta Option Cards
- D–slot mini-module slot for optional ST optical MADI connection or dual SFP MADI optical in/out. 128 MADI
- Flexible patching and routing of digital audio signals providing
- Stand-alone IP audio interface and format converter
- Interface for NTP TDM router systems
- Low latency, tightly synchronized, transport of uncompressed audio over IP networks using off the shelf switches
- DADman control software and compatible with Dante Domain Manager
The PENTA 721s has 1 large user configurable slot for one of the seven optional I/O cards including a 128 ch Dante interface. There is a slot for the optional Dual MADI Module labelled Optical I/O, and includes as standard an Dante/AES67 Interface using the two Ethernet ports on the rear.
The large slot can be configured with any one of the seven available analog and digital cards, in addition to the digital interfaces provided on the base unit. Check out the features of each of the available Penta I/O cards here.
PENTA 721s include a 512×512 multiplexer, enabling all analog and digital inputs and outputs to be routed in any combination; this enables the unit to also split signals for advanced signal distribution. The multiplexer can be used to establish the static connections of the signal inputs and outputs, and furthermore it incorporates soft switching with a fade down and fade up the signal level. Soft switching ensures that setting or changing a signal path can be made without any audible click or artifact.
PENTA 721s are TCP/IP controlled via one or two Ethernet ports. Control and supervision can be made by the NTP RCCore control system, and the operation is done via the NTP VMC control software client applications. A simple dedicated software control application for Windows is available for controlling and setting up PENTA 721s on a unit to unit basis when a less advanced operation is required.
The IP Audio routing is for larger systems controlled by the NTP RCCore Router Control System, for easy and simple setting of connections on the Gigabit IP Ethernet. PENTA 721s can also be controlled by the Dante IP Audio routing controller software.