The Powersoft Amplifiers Ottocanali 12K4 is a flexible and reliable 8-channel power amplifier with up to a total of 12,000 W at 4Ω, ideal for multi-zone applications in medium to large-scale installs: Ottocanali 12K4 supports any combination of lo-Z loudspeakers, mono-bridgeable channel pairs and 70V/100V Hi-Z distributed lines with no need for output step-up transformers. The Ottocanali 12K4 features switchable main/aux signal inputs and offers a wide range of system control, alarms, GPI/O, and monitoring functions as well as sound shaping options.
The Ottocanali 12K4 implements switch mode power supplies with PFC and patented SRM (Smart Rails Management) technology maximizing reliability & efficiency and reducing power consumption.
Powersoft’s legendary efficiency saves valuable energy, keeping both operational cost and ‘carbon footprint’ at a minimum: the Ottocanali 12K4 shines with outstandingly low power consumption and heat dissipation. This dramatically reduces costs from the AC mains supply and air conditioning/cooling systems – not to mention the benefits to the environment for a greener planet.
MyPowersoft services are available for this product.
- Switch-mode power supply up to 400VAC tolerant with Power Factor Correction
- Patented output filter with ripple cancellation network
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Detachable AC mains cable with IEC C19/22.2 (16A for EU, 20 A for USA) socket
Fully protected circuit design with:
- Ac protection: shut down power supply when AC mains voltage is outside operating range
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching loudspeakers, while still maintaining full peak power output
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signal at the outputs
- VHF protections: protects the loudspeakers against nonaudible, strong, nonmusical high-frequency signals
- Short circuit protection: protects the amplifier from short circuits or other stressful events for the output circuits with automatic protection reset
- Long term limiter: protects the loudspeaker against steady long term RMS (non-audio) signals, by reducing the maximum output
- Thermal protection: output stages operating temperature up to 80 °C (176 °F)
- Temperature controlled continuous variable speed fan, front to back airflow
- Fixed frequency switch-mode output stage for high-grade sound accuracy
- All models 2 RU for reduced rack cost and space
- Lightweight – for easier racking and shipping: 14 kg / 30.8 lbs
- Standard Phoenix connectors: analog and digital input, audio outputs, aux supply, alarms, and GPIO
- Remotely switchable double input (main and aux)
Loudspeaker system configuration
- Direct drive either low impedance loads or 70V / 100V Hi-Z distributed lines
- Switchable 35Hz / 70Hz high pass filter per channel
- Mixed configuration with Lo-Z/Hi-Z systems possible
- Bridged mode, with low impedance, per channel pair
Alarms and GPIO
- NC/NO contacts per channel for alarm notifications
- Remote ON/OFF switch
- Remote AUX / MAIN inputs switch
- PWS OUT connector providing 24VDC