Samar Audio SAMAR VL37
The VL37 uses the same components and has the same sound quality and level of performance found in our critically acclaimed MF65–the microphone, which raised the bar and set new standards for High-End ribbon microphones and essentially changed how they are being used by demanding engineers in today’s high-resolution recording.
The VL37 unparalleled sound is a result of our attention to detail and the level of craftsmanship that goes into each and every component we make.
The VL37 tonal balance combines a vintage vibe with a modern sound, creating a unique but affordable recording tool. Its bi-directional, figure 8, symmetrical polar pattern is perfect when used on drum overheads, choir, piano, violin, orchestra, brass instruments, vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, room microphones, and speaker cabinets, among other recording, broadcast, and classical music applications. It has a Stainless Steel body and comes in a US-made wooden box and anti-vibration shockproof clip.
The VL37 high SPL handling, built-in pop filter, and symmetrical polar response are perfect for demanding producers, musicians, and engineers in recording studios and for live sound reproduction.
- one of a kind of innovative design
- balanced ruler flat frequency response down to 20Hz (-0.43dB) and unprecedented top end beyond 25kHz
- low noise, low distortion, made-in-house amorphous core toroidal transformers
- sophisticated motor with the shortest front-to-back path ever seen in ribbon microphones
- low-mass ribbon with a unique fine-tuning adjustment to assure consistency from unit to unit
- proprietary corrugation process to maintain the ribbon’s integrity without special handling
- Handcrafted in the USA
- 5-year parts-2-year ribbon replacement warranty
- 15-day satisfaction guarantee
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-25KHz (and beyond):
- Pickup Pattern: Figure 8
- Ribbon Dimensions: 2”x0.250”x1.5 micron
- Sensitivity: 2mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 250 Ohm
- Microphone Dimensions: 6,420”x1,300”
- Weight: 230g (8.2oz)