Sanken Chromatic CO-100K
With a 20Hz ~ 100kHz range, the CO-100K Omni-directional condenser microphone is the world’s first super wide-band microphone, designed specifically for professional high-resolution, high-sample rate recording.
This is one of the most popular Sanken Chromatic mics. Initially finding favor with engineers for orchestral and Broadway main microphone arrays, it is now being used extensively in a wide range of applications including Foley and location sound effect recording, as well as for all acoustic instruments.
The Ultimate Mic for Capturing the Full Breadth of Music
Perfect for truly capturing beautiful sounding instruments in acoustics spaces, but equally suited as a mic for sound effects and Foley recording
With a 20Hz ~ 100kHz range, the Sanken CO-100K Omni-directional condenser microphone is the world’s first 100k microphone designed specifically for professional recording, not for analytical purposes. There is a high-frequency boost that starts at around 16khz with a 20dB bump above 50kHz to capture the high-frequency details usually lost between the source and the mic – you don’t need to close mic to get a superb high-end response, perfect for high SPL sources and distant overheads.
Utilizing this new technology to create a generation of microphones to meet the needs of today’s top recording professionals, the actual physics employed in the operation of the CO-100K builds on the Sanken legacy of incorporating new and innovative design perimeters. Even the contour of the mic near the capsule and the unique capsule material design is perfectly optimized for a stunning high-frequency response.
Because of the way in which analog to digital converters operates, the CO-100K takes advantage of the heightened frequency response of the new hi-resolution digital audio formats. As X-Y, ORTF, or Decca tree overheads the CO-100Ks excel, where fidelity is without compromise, to capture the spatial reality of a great sounding room.
Initially, the mic was used for classical and Broadway recordings. Still, now the CO-100K is finding applications as diverse as Foley, location, as well as for instrument and drum, or percussion overhead recording.
- World’s first 100k microphone designed specifically for professional recording
- 20Hz to 100kHz Frequency Response
- HF boost above 16khz with a 20dB bump above 50kHz to capture HF information normally
lost between the sound source and the mic
- A superb high-end response without the need for close miking techniques
- Perfect for high-resolution recording formats, taking advantage of the lack of artifacts as a result of anti-aliasing filters
- The contour of the mic and unique capsule material design is perfectly optimized for a stunning high-frequency response
- Excels as X-Y, ORTF, or Decca tree overheads
- Compact size and discreet appearance
- Designed by Sanken in conjunction with NHK Science and Technical Research Laboratories
- Acoustic Guitar
- Background or Chorus Vocals
- Orchestra Mains
- Sound Design, Effects, and ATMOS
DC biased condenser
20Hz – 100kHz
Equivalent noise level (IEC)
Max SPL(1% THD)
Output impedance( 1kHz )
191.5mm x 20.5mm(D)
CO-100K Included Accessories:
KS-100 Band Suspension Holder