Madicon introduces SmartMADI®, which allows daisy chaining Madison 16-ch AD/DA converters and communicating sample rate changes through the MADI stream.
It features an additional optical Toslink output for channels 1/2 to allow connection to a DAC in the control room while the Madisons operate in the recording rooms. Instead of many analog wires with expensive wall connectors only two tiny MADI cables are required.
– USB3 Audio Interface
– Up to 64 input & output channels via MADI
– Additional optical TOSLINK stereo output (Ch1/2)
– 24 Bit / up to 192 kHz
– Hi-Speed USB with Detector-LED
– USB bus powered
– Internal/external clock switch
– External clock Lock-LED
– Windows & Mac
– Zero-latency monitoring (FPGA Monitoring Mixer)
– Optical MADI port. Standard 64/High.
– Toslink. Max 192kHz.
– USB 2.0 High Speed, Bus-Powered.
– Power consumption: max. 2.5 Watt
– Although the Madicon is a USB 2 device, in some cases older computers do not recognize the Madicon correctly.
– Older USB ports and its drivers (e.g. Core Audio) do not fully support the high speed and midi communication which are mandatory for a reliable 64 channel mixing and recording.
– For the best performance connect the Madicon direct to an USB 3 Port of your computer.
– Do not use an USB hub.
Dimensions & Weight (incl. feet)
– (WxHxD) 3.94 x 1.65 x 4.25 in (100 x 42 x 108 mm)
– 0.44 lbs (0.2 kg), unit only
– 1 lbs (0.45 kg), shipping