The Reducer reduces the power output of your guitar or bass amp.
Enjoy the full tone up to heavy distortion of a ramped up amp (head) without breaching of the peace.
The Reducer is as simple as the name implies, it reduces the power output of your guitar or bass amp. This means that all sorts of amps, especially tube amps, can now be turn up to the fullest to get this full-sounding power amp distortion without of having to be loud.
The Reducer is connected between guitar/bass amp (head) and the speaker. At this stage, it converts the amp’s electric power into heat.
The Reducer is like all SPL products made in Germany and sports hand-wired point-to-point wiring.
Input & Output
– Input 1/4″ TS (Mono Jack), unbalanced
– Input impedance: 4, 8, or 16 Ohms switchable
Max. input load:
– @4 Ohms: 90W RMS/120W Peak
– @8 Ohms: 200W RMS/260W Peak
– @16 Ohms: 160W RMS/180W Peak
– Output Socket: 1/4″ TS (Mono Jack)
Dimensions & Weight
– Height: 68mm, 85mm with feet
– Depth: 190mm, 208mm with controls and sockets
– Width: 179mm
– Weight: 1.8kg/3.97 lbs