The Universal Audio Apollo x4.
Elite Audio Conversion and Four Unison Preamps on your Desktop.
Apollo x4 delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, four Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon Universal Audio’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x4 easily outshines everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Available as Apollo Heritage Edition
Featuring 5 premium UAD titles— including complete plug-in Collections of our award-winning Teletronix® and UA 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, UA 610 mic preamps, and more — Apollo Heritage Edition gives you a curated analog studio, right out of the box.
Four Unison Preamps: Get the Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA, and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tubes and solid-state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
Based on Unison’s proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo x4 lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo x4’s two front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo desktop interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers designed the Apollo x4’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo x4 a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
Realtime UAD Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo x4 reveals a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. With powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo x4 lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo x4 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Expanded I/O & Built-in Talkback Mic
In addition to its four Unison-equipped preamps, Apollo x4 offers two independent headphone outs and two Hi-Z instrument inputs — letting you collaborate easily. Plus, with a total of four line-outs, optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output, dedicated monitor remote controls, and a built-in Talkback mic, the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 can serve as the powerful centerpiece of your professional desktop studio.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo x4 can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
● Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
● Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
● 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
● UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
● 2 Unison-enabled front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
● 2 independent front-panel headphone outputs
● Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
● Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
● Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
● Includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
● Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
● Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
● Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
*Apollo x4 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Enhancer Hz
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler