The U-24 is a compact, 2-in/4-out audio interface that provides all of the essential tools you need for recording and performing with high resolution, 24-bit/96 kHz audio—anywhere you go. Get incredible sound quality thanks to high-quality, low-noise preamps—the same ones found on our acclaimed H5 and H6 Handy Recorders. Connect to your PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad via USB and record mics, instruments, and more. The U-24 delivers the same great sound as our U-44 interface, with a more streamlined feature set.
The Go-Everywhere Interface
The bus-powered U-24 packs all the essential tools into a compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand. Record with mics, instruments, and more at home or on the go—the U-24 is iPhone/iPad* compatible and small enough to take anywhere. It can even run on just two AA batteries for recording in the most remote locations.
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPhone/iPad.
Pristine Recording and Playback
Inspired by our Zoom H-series recorders, the U-24 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps (-119.5 dB EIN) that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-24 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
Get Connected with the U-24
The U-24 is equipped with an essential collection of inputs and outputs for streamlined recording. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators allow you to connect mics, keyboards, mixers, and more. 48V phantom power can be supplied to both inputs, and input 1 supports Hi-Z for connecting guitars, basses, or other passive instruments. MIDI input and output jacks allow you to use devices like keyboards, controllers, synthesizers, and drum machines.
Separate TRS and RCA output jacks provide multiple options for connecting DJ mixers, monitors, and other gear. Finally, an independent headphone output with dedicated volume control gives you complete flexibility while monitoring.
Your Mix, Your Way
The U-24 has flexible monitoring options for dialing in the perfect mix with zero latency. Balance the cue and main out signals when you’re DJ’ing, or create a mix of click track and main out signals during live performances. Each connector and knob is strategically positioned for fast access, so you can set up and control the U-24 with ease.
Create More with Your U-24
Ableton Live 9 Lite
Bundled with Ableton Live 9 Lite, the U-24 has everything the modern music creator needs. This integrated software lets you record tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more. Plus, Ableton’s performance workflows let you take your music to the stage where you can mix and record live.
Steinberg Cubasis LE
Cubasis LE, a 4-track audio recording/editing/mixing app for iPad with an intuitive ‘touch’ user interface, is now available for the U-24.
U-24 users can download the Cubasis LE from App Store for free.
Features at a Glance
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Two-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Two TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Here’s what comes with the U-24…
- Operation manual
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live 9 Lite software download code
Optional U-24 accessories
- Zoom AD-17 power supply
- Zoom AIH-1 Audio Interface Holder
|ANALOG IN: INPUT 1/2|
|Connector:||TRS/XLR combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)|
|Input gain:||0 – 43 dB|
|Input impedance:||2.6 k Ω (MIC IN) 1.1 M Ω (when Hi-Z ON)|
|Maximum input level:||+2.7 dBu (MIC IN) /+20.7 dBu (TRS IN)|
|ANALOG OUT: MAIN OUT L/R|
|Connector:||TRS phone jacks (unbalanced)|
|Maximum output level:||+10 dBu (at 0 dBFS)|
|Output impedance:||330 Ω|
|ANALOG OUT: LINE OUT 1/2|
|Maximum output level:||+8 dBu (at 0 dBFS)|
|Output impedance:||1k Ω|
|ANALOG OUT: PHONES|
|Connector:||Standard stereo phone jack|
30 mW x 2 (into 32 Ω load)
|Maximum output level:||+10 dBu (at 0 dBFS)|
|Output impedance:||33 Ω|
|Frequency characteristics:||At 44.1 kHz: -1.0 dB: 20 Hz – 20 kHz|
At 96 kHz: -3.5 dB: 20 Hz – 40 kHz
|Input conversion noise:||Measured EIN: -119.5 dB (IHF-A)|
at 43 dB, 150 Ω input
|Number of audio recording and playback channels:||Recording: 2 channels|
Playback: 4 channels
|Sampling frequencies:||96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz|
|MIDI IN/OUT:||5-pin DIN jack|
|Power Source:||USB bus power (Type B)|
Zoom AD-17 (Micro-B)
DC 5V power supply (Micro-B)
2 AA batteries (4 hours continuous operation with phantom power off)
|Power consumption:||5W maximum|
|Dimensions:||191.8 mm (D) x 92.3 mm (W) x 42.7 mm (H)|
|Weight (main unit only):||285 g|
|U-24 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS|
|Windows: :||OS： Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit)|
CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster*
USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0**
* Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD.
|Mac: :||OS： Mac® OS X 10.9.5 or later / 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14|
CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster
USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0*
* Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
|iPhone/iPad: :||OS： iOS 7.1 or later|
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter.