The Apogee Element 88 offers the best sound quality of any 8 IN x 8 OUT audio interface under $1,500. Ideal for the producer, engineer or musician, Element 88 gives you all the I/O you need to record drums or a full band.
The Elements of Excellent Audio
Analog to Digital Conversion
A high-quality A/D converter is critical for capturing every detail of your recordings into your computer. The Element series features some of the best Apogee A/D conversion. Recording through an Element ensures you will minimize unwanted noise and maximize the signal quality. Your tracks will sound amazing and mixing your project will be easier.
Whether you are recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, you need a premium mic preamp to capture the finest details of the performance. The Element Series mic preamps feature Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™. This analog circuit is designed to dynamically optimize across a gain range of 0-75dB to provide superior bandwidth and low distortion.
Digital to Analog Conversion
With a high-quality D/A converter, you will hear more definition in each track and virtual instrument. This clarity makes it easier for you to make precise adjustments and achieve the ideal balance when mixing your music. When you listen to your sessions through an Element, tracks will blend more harmoniously and mixing will be easier. The high end will sound crisp and clear and the low end will be tight and well defined.
An audio interface relies on a clock source like an orchestra relies on a conductor. A digital audio clock provides a timing signal to all the parts of a digital audio system so that each part of the AD/DA process may be synchronized. Element has its own built-in clock source and provides professional Word Clock IN and OUT for syncing with other digital audio gear. Use Element as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
The Element Series Thunderbolt driver offers incredible low-latency performance (1.41 ms round-trip) and rock-solid stability. Apogee’s custom driver uses less of your computer’s CPU power with the help of Direct Memory Access (DMA) technology. This allows you to run more plugins and monitor through your DAW at a low buffer setting. Element’s low latency driver means you don’t have to choose between power and speed.
- 16 IN x 16 OUT Audio I/O box
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Hardware DSP runs Apogee FX Rack plugins
- DualPath link workflow for zero latency recording with Apogee FX Plugins
- 8 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices
- 4 combination inputs
- 4 XLR inputs
- Gain: Up to 75 dB and advanced stepped gain circuit design
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and polarity invert
- EIN: 129dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3K Ohm
- 8 analog outputs
- 2 balanced L/R XLR outputs
- 2 balanced 1/4” outputs
- 2 1/4” stereo headphone outputs
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance
- 1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Optical IN: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF
- ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Toslink connector
- SMUX: 8 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 2 Toslink connectors
- S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 96 kHz on 1 Toslink connector
Great-sounding plugins for Element that work the way you want to
Apogee FX Rack Plugins are made with the same quest for quality and obsessive attention to detail as Apogee hardware products. Thanks to Apogee’s unique DualPath DSP-Native technology, Apogee FX Rack plugins can run both on the hardware DSP in Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces and as native plugins on your Mac. Apogee’s DualPath technology opens up a variety of popular, simplified workflows, always with the lowest latency. No other system offers this level of flexibility and sound quality.