d&b audiotechnik 24S Loudspeaker
Featuring d&b audiotechnik’s belief that everyone should experience the same impeccable sound quality, regardless of position in the audience, the high-performance 24S is a full-range, 2-way passive loudspeaker with two 12″ drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure. The 24S also has a 1.4″ exit compression driver mounted onto a large, rotatable constant directivity (CD) horn. The HF horn can be rotated by 90° to enable horizontal orientation. The point-source 24S is designed to handle a wide range of applications for fixed installations. It has a somewhat narrower horizontal dispersion in comparison to its counterpart, the wide-dispersion 24S-D loudspeaker, along with slightly higher SPL handling. The dipolar arrangement of the 12″ drivers results in directivity control down to approximately 500Hz in the same plane as the dipole. The specially designed ports with optimized flow characteristics and a large cabinet volume provide a significant low-frequency reproduction. With a frequency response extending from 55Hz to 18kHz, the 24S can be used as a stand-alone, full-range system, or supplemented with d&b subwoofers. It can be ground stacked or flown individually.
d&b audiotechnik 24S—At a Glance:
- Point-source loudspeaker
- Installation-specific, high-performance loudspeaker
- Compact and powerful performance in a single box
- 2-way passive design with 2 x 12″ LF drivers and a 1.4″ exit HF
- driver on a rotatable CD horn
- Extended LF performance from large cabinet volume
- The dipolar arrangement of the LF drivers provides increased constant directivity control down to lower frequencies in the same plane as the dipole
- Extended frequency response allows use as stand-alone
- Full-range system
- Unobtrusive cabinet design ensures visual integration within any
- permanent installation
- Dispersion: 75° x 45°
- Max SPL 138dB
- Marine plywood construction with impact-resistant black finish
- Neutrik NL4 connector
- Available in all RAL* colors with weather-resistant option up to IP55**
d&b audiotechnik 24S—Parsing the Details:
The loudspeaker cabinet is constructed from marine plywood and has an impact-resistant paint finish. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill. The top, bottom, and both side panels each incorporate a pair of M10 threaded inserts for attaching d&b rigging hardware. The loudspeakers are Ball Impact Resistant according to DIN 18032-3 for sports and multipurpose halls. The Weather Resistant option (WR) option provides an IP55* rating, enabling long-term use in changing ambient conditions, and features a fixed cable. The 24S can also be supplied in any RAL* color. This special color option can be provided for rigging accessories.
**The IP Code or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating. IP55: Protected from limited dust ingress and protected from low-pressure water jets from any direction.
**RAL is a color-matching system that defines standard colors for varnish, powder coating, and plastics. It’s the most popular Central European color standard used today.
The four-channel, 800W (@ 8 ohms) d&b 30D amplifier is recommended to drive the 24S in applications where medium to high sound pressure level (SPL) capabilities are called for. The d&b D20 and D80 power amplifiers can also be used.
- Music and live program reinforcement for permanent installations
- Live-performance venues
- Night clubs
- Houses of Worship
- Sporting venues
- Multipurpose suites
For assistance ordering or configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 24S point-source loudspeakers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio Professional today.
- (–5dB standard): 55Hz – 18kHz
- (–5dB CUT mode): 90Hz – 18kHz
Max. sound pressure (1m, free field)1
- With D20/30D amplifier: 138dB
- With D80 amplifier: 138dB
1 1 m, free-field, SPL max peak test signal: pink noise with crest factor 4
Cabinets per amplifier channel: 1
- Configuration Installation-specific, high-performance, full-range 2-way
- loudspeaker with wide dispersion
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohm
- Power handling capacity (RMS/peak 10 ms) 500/2000W
- Nominal dispersion angle (h x v) 75° x 45°
- 2 x 12″ driver with neodymium magnet
- 4″ exit compression driver
- Passive crossover network
- 1 x NL4
- 1 x screw terminal block
- H: 31-1/2″ (800 mm)
- W: 16″ (410 mm)
- D: 16-1/2″ (420 mm)
- 73 lb.
- 33 kg