Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with spring suspended retro styling. Ideal for live vocal performance use, or single-miking small acoustic ensembles.
Myrtle has the most classic vintage styling of any of our mics, with a design pedigree straight from the 1930s. Her sound, however, is a wonder of modern acoustic design that thrives in current stage environments. She takes the warm, detailed sound and astonishing feedback rejection of Edwina, and adds a low end tuned for accurately capturing acoustic instruments from any distance. Her sweet spot extends from six inches out. And she has the low noise and natural clarity to work wonderfully in the studio as well.
Ideal for single-miking soloists or small acoustic ensembles, including acoustic instruments and multiple vocalists, on stage or in studio.
• Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
• Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
• Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
• Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
• Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit
• Packed in metal tool case with custom-cut foam padding. Clip included
NOTABLE USERS Brandi Carlile, Del McCoury Band, Wood Brothers, Mandolin Orange
• TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, large (26 mm) diaphragm
• POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 – 15K hz (-3dB)
• SENSITIVITY: -38.6dB (11 mV/Pa)
• OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm • NOISE LEVEL, A-weighted: <17 dBA • POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power • WEIGHT: 1 lb (6.1 lbs cased) • DIMENSIONS: 12” x 6 1/2” x 1 3/4”; head is 3” in diameter