Lewitt Audio LCT 1040
- Studio centerpiece – adapt to any sound source
- 4 all-analog tube characteristics – Clear, Warm, Dark, and Saturated
- Developed in close cooperation with Grammy-winning studio professionals
- Detachable remote control for unrivaled workflow
- Blendable FET circuit and seamless polar pattern control
Included: Shock mount, Dual-layer magnetic pop filter, 10-pin microphone cable, Transport case
Imagine getting the perfect sound every time.
Like a painter who uses his color palette, the LCT 1040 gives you the power to create the sound you envision.
- Record with premium sound from high-end components and 1″ true condenser capsule
- Create the perfect sound for different vocalists and instruments using 4 all-analog tube characteristics and a crystal-clear FET circuit
- Adjust all settings from your sweet spot via the remote control
Developed in close cooperation with world-renowned engineers and producers.
During the development process of the LCT 1040, we set out to see Grammy award-winning engineers and producers in their fantastic studios to put our prototypes to the test in real-life conditions.
The additional feedback from the global audio community ranging from friendly appreciation to brutal honesty was exactly what we needed to bring this exciting project to perfection.
A wide range of outstanding tube tones with a single microphone.
- Clear – Tube works at technical optimum
- Warm – Smooth and pleasant high-end
- Dark – Tamed highs for bright sources
- Saturated – Rich harmonics and subtle compression
Together, these 100% all-analog tube characteristics are designed to cover all applications and styles recorded in the studio – from the finest violin to roaring Rock voices.
They are the result of our close cooperation with industry professionals and the global audio community.
Extra punch and precision with the blendable FET circuit.
Tweak your sound to perfection. You can dial in the FET circuit via the Circuit control whenever you’re looking for that extra punch or precision for your voice or instrument.
Tweak all settings from your sweet spot via the remote control.
Set up the LCT 1040 in the recording room where the artist performs. Detach the remote control from the PSU and connect them via your standard 3-pin XLR cable. Now you can tweak all settings from your sweetspot via the remote control, ensuring a smooth-running session.
Save precious time, keep the creativity flowing, giving you exactly the sound you are looking for.
Seamless polar pattern control to get exactly what you want.
Set the directivity with the seamless polar pattern control of the LCT 1040, giving you exactly what you were looking for. Additionally, you can also freely define the front of the mic depending on your recording scenario.
- Default sets the tube window as the front side of the mic.
- Reverse sets the logo as the front of the mic.
Two XLR outputs for full flexibility in post-production.
To prepare you for all possible scenarios, the LCT 1040 features two XLR outputs with Neutrik connectors.
- The Mix output delivers the ratio set with the Circuit control, a combination of the tube and FET circuit.
- The FET output delivers 100% pure FET independent from the Circuit control.
Shock mount with carbon fiber elements and quick release mechanism.
- Quick release mechanisms for the microphone and the adjustment of the angle.
- Carbon fiber elements support efficient decoupling of the microphone.
- The microphone can be turned by 360° when in the shock mount.
Dual-layer magnetic pop filter for clean recordings.
The high-performance magnetic pop filter of the LCT 1040 protects your capsule from unwanted plosives and moisture. Its double-layer design perfectly integrates with the shock mount and ensures clean recordings with any vocalist or genre.
- Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø
- 25.4 mm, 1 in
- 3-micron gold-sputtered Mylar
- Polar pattern
- Seamless from omni to wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range
- 20 … 20,000 Hz
- 17.2 mV/Pa, -35.3 dBV/Pa
- 10 dB (A) FET, 13 dB (A) tube
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD
- 137 dB SPL, 0 dB attenuation
- Signal/noise ratio
- 84 dB (A) FET, 81 dB (A) tube
- Dynamic range
- 127 dB (A)
- 0 dB
- Low-cut filter
40 Hz (12 dB/oct)
80 Hz (12 dB/oct)
120 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance
- 83.8 Ω
- PSU – supply voltage
- 230 V, 50 Hz
110 V, 60 Hz
- Current consumption
- 230V – 170 mA, 110V – 240 mA
- Connector PSU and remote
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR by Neutrik
- 10-pin Hirose Electric
- E88CC / 6DJ8
- Microphone enclosure
- Zinc die cast
- Microphone dimensions
- 196 x 65 x 45 mm, 7.7 x 2.6 x 1.8 in
- Microphone net weight
- 652 g, 23 oz
- PSU dimensions
- 240 x 170 x 47 mm, 9.4 x 6.7 x 1.9 in
- PSU net weight
- 2381 g, 68 oz
- Remote dimensions
- 240 x 163 x 52 mm, 9.4 x 6.4 x 2 in
- Remote weight
- 1952 g, 69 oz
Microphones measured according to IEC 60268-4 | Phantom power according to IEC 61938 | Noise measurement according to IEC 60268-1