Three models are available:
- Lynx AES16e – Sixteen channel AES/EBU PCI Express Card
- AES16e-SRC – AES16e with sixteen channels of sample rate conversion
- AES16e-50 – AES16e with 32 channels of AES50 I/O plus sixteen channels of sample rate conversion
- Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs (16 mono I/O), AES/EBU format, 24-bit, single wire, and dual-wire, transformer-coupled
- Optional sixteen channels of Sample Rate Conversion. Support for conversion ratios up to 16:1 with 144 dB dynamic range and -140dB THD+N.
- Extensive onboard digital mixer
- Optional AES50 interface
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, channel routing, and buffer size are enabled, controlled and monitored from the host computer
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats
- Includes Lynx-exclusive SynchroLock™ sample clock generator for 3000:1 jitter rejection on external clock sources
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OS X
The AES16e offers 16 channels of 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O. In addition to the base model, the AES16e-SRC includes sixteen channels of sample rate conversion and AES16e-50 will provide up to 32 additional digital inputs/outputs via AES50 technology.
The AES16e builds on the capabilities of our industry-standard AES16 with an updated feature set and the benefits of the PCI Express interface. The architecture and higher bandwidth of PCI Express reduce bottlenecks and overhead, which provides higher performance for computer-based high-end audio.
The AES16e x1 PCI Express card provides 16 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio at a 192 kHz sample rate in both single-wire and dual-wire AES modes. Designed to integrate digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, hard disk recorders, digital audio workstations, and other digital audio equipment, the AES16e is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
The AES16e-SRC provides 16 channels of sample rate conversion, which may be switched on for any or all of the 8 digital inputs.
The third model, the AES16e-50, adds up to 32 digital I/O channels using AES50 technology, carrying the digital signal on standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable.