Melodyne 5 Editor contains all the professional vocal functions. Plus the legendary DNA algorithm for polyphonic audio. With it, you can adapt any library sample to the chords of your song.
- Grammy Award-winning technology, including DNA Direct Note Access
- exceptionally musical and intuitive note-based way of working
- the algorithms Melodic (with Sibilant Detection), Percussive, Universal, Polyphonic
- the complete Melodyne toolkit
- macros for optimizing intonation, timing quantization, and leveling
- the Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition
- tempo detection and editing
- comprehensive functions for the editing of scales, tuning systems and temperaments
- inspectors for quick access to all parameters
- polyphonic audio-to-MIDI export
- full compatibility: VST 3, AU, AAX, stand-alone
- integration via ARA Audio Random Access (depending on the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 64-bit
- current version: 5
Melodyne editor employs the patented DNA algorithms that allow you to edit any instrument track or sample and reshape it musically in any way you like. You can change not only tempos, rhythms, and melodies but also the harmonic structure of the music.
In addition to all the functions of the smaller editions, Melodyne editor offers you:
DNA Direct Note Access: Melodyne’s unique DNA algorithms give you access to individual notes within chords, so you can not only correct wrong notes in piano or guitar recordings but also adapt samples of all kinds to match the harmonies of your project, introduce any number of variations and even “recompose” samples altogether to create something new.
Edit chords: Thanks to DNA, you can correct and perfect the performance of individual notes within chords employing Melodyne’s entire arsenal of tools and macros – or even change the chord itself by adding, subtracting, or changing the pitch of individual notes. Add fades, shift formants, improve timing, and control vibrato … the possibilities are endless. You decide which notes sound and exactly how they sound – right down to the last detail.
Samples play along with the song: Thanks to the Chord Grid and Melodyne’s ability to identify the chords, you can, with very little effort, make rigid loops come alive and adapt elegantly to the changing harmonies of the song.
Encyclopedic scale functions: Thanks to its astonishing flexibility in the handling of scales, temperaments, and tunings, Melodyne is at home in all the world’s musical genres. It recognizes even the most exotic scales as well as lets you define your own.
Advanced tempo functions: You can edit tempos and tempo progressions with the same musical sensitivity as notes. Synchronize overdubs to tempo fluctuations in a live performance or, if you prefer, eliminate these altogether.
In a nutshell: Melodyne editor is also perfect for vocals. But even more remarkably, with this edition, you can edit polyphonic instruments like the piano or the guitar and samples of all kinds. With Melodyne editor, you can take ordinary library samples and turn them into something unique, perfectly tailored to your entire song’s rhythm, tempos, and harmonies.