The Powersoft Amplifiers Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D is a flexible and reliable 8-channel power amplifier with up to a total of 12,000 W at 4Ω, ideal for multi-zone applications in medium to large-scale installs: Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D supports any combination of lo-Z loudspeakers, mono-bridgeable channel pairs and 70V/100V Hi-Z distributed lines with no need for output step-up transformers. The Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D features switchable main/aux signal inputs and offers a wide range of system control, alarms, GPI/O, and monitoring functions as well as sound shaping options.
The Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D implements universal switch-mode power supplies with PFC and patented SRM (Smart Rails Management) technology maximizing reliability & efficiency and reducing power consumption.
New Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D heralds new and innovative level of signal processing. Providing flexible routing and mixing, multi-stage equalization with raised-cosine, IIR, and FIR filters, delay up to 2 s in input processing and 100 ms for time alignment, gain and polarity adjustment, crossover, peak limiters, TruePower™ limiters, and Active DampingControl™.
Powersoft’s legendary efficiency saves valuable energy, keeping both operational cost and ‘carbon footprint’ at a minimum: the Ottocanali 12K4 DSP+D shines with outstandingly low power consumption and heat dissipation. This dramatically reduces costs from the AC mains supply and air conditioning/cooling systems – not to mention the benefits to the environment for a greener planet.
MyPowersoft services are available for this product.
- Universal switch-mode power supply up to 400VAC tolerant with Power Factor Correction
- Patented output filter with ripple cancellation network
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Detachable AC mains cable with IEC C19/22.2 (16A for EU, 20 A for USA) socket
Fully protected circuit design with:
- Ac protection: shut down power supply when AC mains voltage is outside operating range
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching loudspeakers, while still maintaining full peak power output
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signal at the outputs
- VHF protections: protects the loudspeakers against nonaudible, strong, nonmusical high-frequency signals
- Short circuit protection: protects the amplifier from short circuit or other stressful events for the output circuits with automatic protection reset
- Long term limiter: protects the loudspeaker against steady long term RMS (nonaudio) signals, by reducing the maximum output
- Thermal protection: output stages operating temperature up to 80 °C (176 °F)
- Temperature controlled continuous variable speed fan, front to back airflow
- Fixed frequency switch mode output stage for high-grade sound accuracy
- All models 2 RU for reduced rack cost and space
- Lightweight – for easier racking and shipping: 14 kg / 30.8 lbs
- Standard Phoenix connectors: analog and digital input, audio outputs, aux supply, alarms and GPIO
- Remotely switchable double input
Loudspeaker system configuration
- Direct drive either low impedance loads or 70V / 100V Hi-Z distributed lines
- Switchable 35Hz / 70Hz high pass filter per channel
- Mixed configuration with Lo-Z/Hi-Z systems possible
- Bridged mode, with low impedance, per channel pair
- TI C6000 DSP platform architecture
- AD/DA converter: dual 24bit @ 96 kHz Tandem® architecture, 127 dB dynamic range, per channel
- Input/output independent equalizers per channel providing Raised-cosine, custom FIR, parametric IIR: peaking, hi/lo-shelving, all-pass, band-pass, band-stop, hi/lo-pass
- Crossovers: linear phase (FIR), hybrid (FIR-IIR), Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, Bessel: 6 dB/oct to 48 dB/oct (IIR)
- Input delay up to 2s and output delay up to 100ms for time alignment per channel
- Active DampingControl™ for cable compensation
- Power limiter (TruePower™, RMS voltage, RMS current) + Peak Limiter
Alarms and GPIO
- Configurable alarm contact NC/NO per channel
- Remote AUX input/MAIN input switch
- Remote ON/OFF switch
- PWS OUT connector providing up to 24VDC
- Control and monitoring through ArmoníaPlus