Schoeps CCM 4VXP
This cardioid Schoeps CCM 4VXP microphone, with its main axis along its side, improves speech intelligibility in very loud environments.
It is designed for the very closest speech pickup, i.e. directly in front of the speaker’s mouth. Its low-frequency roll-off is compensated by the proximity effect. Thus it has (up to the point of its high-frequency emphasis) a flat frequency response for the speaker’s voice while showing a roll-off at low frequencies for all sound that originates from a greater distance. As a result, background sounds are picked up less strongly than the person speaking.
- cardioid for lateral pickup
- for pickup of speech or music at close range (under 10 cm)
- strong attenuation of low frequencies
- preferred applications: close speech pickup, also available in the HSC 4VP headset
- 1994: Launch of the CCM, hybrid technology circuit. The capsule part is identical to the MK capsules from the beginning
- 2016: better RF filter to protect from interferences
- 2017: Polarization voltage generator now with a higher frequency above 200 kHz due to down pitching in sound design applications.
VARIANTS & OPTIONS
- No. 191701 “Matching of microphone capsules including certificate”: Although our normal production tolerances are very close, we can deliver specially matched compact microphone pairs.
- No. 191102 custom color: other custom colors on request
- Each CCM microphone is available as a standard version “L” with a Lemo plug and as a version “K” with a permanently attached 5 m cable and XLR-3M connector.