Schoeps V4 U
- Studio Vocal Microphone
- New small-diaphragm capsule architecture, with a beveled collar for controlling the polar response.
- A warm, clear sonic character with a smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response.
- Capsule head with adjustable tilt angle.
- Optimal on-axis frequency response featuring a mild high-frequency lift.
- Very smooth polar response; carefully controlled narrowing of the pattern at high frequencies.
- Diffuse-field response parallels the 0° response, with a gentle roll-off at high frequencies.
- Newly designed electronics offer a very high maximum sound pressure level.
- No. 142001 Studio Vocal microphone, blue, with premium case
- No. 142002 Studio Vocal microphone, anthracite-grey, with premium case
- No. 142101 V4 U SGV Set b
- No. 142102 V4 U SGV Set g
- No. 142103 V4 U USM Set b
- No. 142104 V4 U USM Set g
The V4 U is the studio vocal microphone by SCHOEPS. It unites the outstanding technical characteristics typical of SCHOEPS with a timeless, classic design.
The “look” of the V4 U is based on the SCHOEPS CM 51/3 from 1951. But the V4 U is a thoroughly modern studio microphone. Its capsule, circuitry, and mechanical construction are the results of extensive new development.
- A 33-mm beveled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at high frequencies, as in a large-diaphragm microphone.
- Meanwhile, the superior acoustic qualities of a small-diaphragm capsule like the extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained.
- The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
- Newly-developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
- The maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
- Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
- The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
- Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
- High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
|Frequency range||50 Hz – 22 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-36 dB (V/Pa), 16 mV/Pa|
|Equivalent noise level (A-weighted)||15 dB|
|Equivalent noise level (CCIR)||25 dB|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted)||79 dB|
|Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %)||144 dB-SPL|
|Maximum output voltage||4.8 V (13 dBV) with 1 kΩ load|
|Low cut filter||40 Hz, 18 dB/oct.|
|Minimum recommended load impedance||1 kΩ|
|Output impedance||50 Ω|
|Maximum cable length||> 300 m|
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||Yes|
|Powering standard / Valid range||P 48 / >43 V|
|Current consumption||3.3 mA|
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||> 80 dB|
|Output||XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel|
|Width of the capsule head||45 mm|
|Head swivel degree span||+/- 20°|
|Surface finish||blue, gray or custom color|
There are no reviews yet.