The cardioid lavalier microphone offers an interchangeable condenser and consists of a windscreen and a dual tie clip for 2 microphones. It features a wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate and balanced sound reproduction.
What is the Shure MX185 best suited to?
The MX185 cardioid miniature lavalier condenser microphone is designed for use in speech applications such as broadcast presenting, speeches, and lectures and for use in houses of worship.
What is an interchangeable cartridge?
All the Microflex series of microphones use interchangeable cartridges (sold separately) which means you can swap between cardioid, supercardioid, and omnidirectional condenser cartridges simply by screwing them onto the top of the lavalier mic.
Want to go wireless?
The MX185 is designed for wired use and includes an in-line preamplifier and a 1.2m cable with a TA4F connector. If you wish to go wireless, choose the WL185 which is the same microphone but without the pre-amplifier and connects directly to any Shure wireless bodypack.
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal choice for each application
- Rotatable tie-clip that pivots in 90-degree increments for placement flexibility
- Supplied snap-fit foam windscreen that controls breath noise and stays on securely
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Supplied dual tie clip holds two microphones for dual miking applications