Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition
Get hit-making results with the world’s best desktop interface.
Apollo Twin X gives musicians and producers elite-class audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Letting you record through preamps from Neve, API, Manley, and more — with near‑zero latency — Apollo Twin X is born to make records.
- Experience elite-class Apollo sound — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Record your vocals and synths in realtime through classic mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more
- Link up to four Apollos for 142 channels of premium I/O and control it from your Apollo Twin
- Create seamless hardware-software integration and analog console modeling in LUNA Recording System
Hear Every Detail in your Recordings
Apollo Twin X improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra‑low THD. This elite‑class conversion gives you a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high‑end converters.
Record Synths and Vocals through Iconic Preamps
With its two Unison™ preamps and front panel Hi‑Z instrument input, Apollo Twin X lets you track in realtime through a preamp and channel strip plug-ins from Neve, Manley, API, and dozens more, giving you the same rich analog texture as the hardware used on decades of iconic music.*
Get the Pro Sounds of Analog Hardware, Right on your Desktop
Out of the box, Apollo Twin X’s included plug-ins give you album-ready tones in realtime with professional tools like the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A tube compressor, amps from Marshall and Ampeg, and more. Plus, Apollo Twin X lets you tap into the entire UAD plug-in library, giving you the proven hit-making sounds of Ocean Way Studios, Capitol Chambers, and hundreds more.
Record with a Fast, Natural Workflow using LUNA
Apollo Twin X works with all major DAWs, but only LUNA Recording System gives you seamless integration with Apollo, for big analog studio sound — in realtime — using a host of built-in features and extensions from API console modeling to genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape.
Your New Analog Studio, Expanded
Link up to four Apollos for 142 channels of premium I/O as your studio grows — and control it all from your desktop using Apollo Twin.
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion (backward compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- Available UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp
- Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, & AAX in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plug‑in versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums, and more.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection
Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects — especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
1176 is many producers’ “desert island\” compressor — adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations and is widely regarded as the world’s most authentic 1176 plug‑in collection.
Pure Plate Reverb
Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA’s renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
UA’s iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly “classic.” The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.