d&b audiotechnik 8S Biaxial 2-Way Loudspeaker
The biaxial d&b audiotechnik 8S is a full-range, 2-way, point-source loudspeaker with an 8″/1″ driver combination with a passive crossover that’s mounted in a bass-reflex enclosure. Coaxially mounting the 8″ LF driver and 1″ HF driver using a single magnet assembly gives rise to a very compact driver with 100° constant directivity and high-frequency dispersion. An excellent choice for live performances, corporate events, and houses of worship, the lightweight 8S can be used as a full-range system thanks to a frequency response of 70Hz to 20kHz. The 8S can also be supplemented in the low frequencies via subwoofers from the d&b xS or xA series.
d&b audiotechnik 8S—At a Glance:
- Point-source loudspeaker
- Installation-specific, high-performance 2-way loudspeaker with wide dispersion
- 8″ LF driver and 1″ HF driver
- Dispersion 100° conical
- Max SPL 127dB
- Marine plywood construction with impact-resistant black finish
- Neutrik NL4 connectors (2)
- Light-weight; 16 lb. (7.4 kg)
- Available in all RAL* colors with weather-resistant option up to IP55**
d&b audiotechnik 8S—Parsing the Details:
With an impact-resistant black paint finish, the 8S enclosure is constructed from marine plywood with an impact resistant black finish. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed by an acoustically transparent foam. The cabinet is fitted with a pair of NL4 connectors and a two-pole screw terminal block
The 8S rear panel incorporates two M8 threaded inserts to accept the Z5402 Wall mount M, the Z5403 Wall mount L or the Z5404 Flying bracket 8S. The top and bottom panels are each equipped with an M8 thread to accept the Z5408 Horizontal bracket 8S. The threads are covered by dummy caps in cabinet color. The caps must be removed before mounting any accessories.
The loudspeaker cabinets and most accessories are also available with the Special Color (SC) option that can be executed in all RAL colors, while the Weather Resistant (WR) option provides an IP54 rating, and enables the operation of loudspeakers in changing ambient conditions.
*RAL is a color-matching system that defines standard colors for varnish, powder coating, and plastics. It’s the most popular Central European color standard used today.
**The IP Code or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating. IP54: Protected from limited dust ingress, no harmful deposits. Protected against water splashed from all directions, limited ingress permitted
The four-channel, 800W (@ 8 ohms) d&b 30D amplifier is recommended to drive the 8S in applications where medium to high sound pressure level (SPL) capabilities are called for. The d&b D20, D80, 10D, and D6 can also be used.
- Live performance venues
- Corporate and industry events
- Houses of worship
- Other installations where compact, light-weight enclosures are required
For assistance ordering or configuring a d&b audiotechnik system with 8S point-source loudspeakers, call or chat online with your Parsons Audio Professional today.
- Frequency response (–5dB standard) 70Hz–20kHz
- Frequency response (–5dB CUT mode) 110Hz–20kHz
Max. sound pressure (1m, free field)1
- with D6/10D: 124dB
- with D20/30D: 127dB
- with D80: 127B
Cabinets per amplifier channel
- Configuration: Installation-specific 2-way compact coaxial loudspeaker
- Nominal impedance: 16 ohm
- Power handling capacity (RMS/peak 10ms) 150/800W
- Nominal dispersion angle (h x v) 100° conical
- 8″ driver with neodymium magnet
- 1″ compression driver coaxially mounted
- passive crossover network
- 2 x NL4
- screw terminal block
- H: 13-15/16″ (352 mm)
- W: 8-13/16″ (224 mm)
- D: 8-3/32″ (205 mm)
- 16 lb. (7.4 kg)
1 1 m, free field, SPL max peak test signal: pink noise with crest factor 4