Natural sound, musical controls
As one of the most used effects in the audio world reverbs come in all forms and flavors. A great reverb sounds natural and sits in the mix perfectly. At the same time, it should not confuse you with over-technical controls, but must be easy to set up and a joy to work with. Enter FabFilter Pro-R.
Make some space
FabFilter Pro-R takes a musical approach to reverb, offering user-friendly, non-technical controls like Brightness, Character, and Distance to achieve the reverb sound you are looking for — without requiring a degree in reverb science.
The stepless Space control lets you fade between dozens of different, carefully-tuned room models, automatically choosing a matching decay time for a natural-sounding result.
Shape the decay time
The decay time of a real room often varies wildly over the frequency spectrum, which is one of the key ingredients of a room’s reverb character. To simulate this, the industry-first Decay Rate EQ concept in FabFilter Pro-R offers a completely free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum.
Since it uses parametric EQ bands instead of a traditional crossover system, it provides much more flexibility to shape the decay time characteristics. Together with the integrated 6-band Post-EQ, designing reverbs of any style or character has never been easier.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization and much more.
– Beautifully designed room models, ranging from small ambiances and rooms to large concert halls and huge cathedrals.
– Carefully developed to easily fit in the mix, without causing undesirable coloration, density or phase problems.
– Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive reverb display featuring Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ curves.
– Very easy to set up, with user-friendly, non-technical controls.
– Step-less Space control, which smartly and smoothly combines the room model and decay time of the reverb. You can choose from over a dozen carefully designed room models and seamlessly vary between them, without hearing clicks or unwanted artifacts.
– Decay Rate control, changing the overall decay time from 50% to 200% of the current Space setting.
– Intelligent Stereo Width control, ranging from pure mono to true stereo and beyond.
– Distance control to adjust the proximity to the sound source in the selected space.
– The Character control changes the sound from a clean, transparent decay, to a lively reverb with pronounced reflections and echoes, all the way to an over-modulated chorus-like effect.
– Perfectly tuned Brightness knob, affecting not only overall brightness, but also the decay of high frequencies.
– Mix knob with a Lock Mix option, which prevents preset loading from overriding the current mix setting.
– Pre-delay control via the bottom bar, ranging from 0 to 500 ms, with optional host tempo sync.
– Innovative six-band Decay Rate EQ, giving you full control over the decay rate at different frequencies.
– Six-band Post EQ to equalize the final reverb sound. Together with the Decay Rate EQ, this lets you design reverbs of any style or character.
– Real-time spectrum analyzer that also visualizes the decay time at different frequencies.
– Full-Screen mode, offering a large analyzer display and Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ controller.
– Multiple interface sizes: Medium, Large, and Extra Large.
– Stereo and mono plug-ins are available.
– Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
– MIDI Learn.
– Undo/redo and A/B comparison.
– Smart Parameter Interpolation.
– Sample-accurate automation of all parameters.
– Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
– 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
– 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista(x64)
– VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X
– OS X 10.6 or higher
– AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
– Intel processor