The CCM 41 is strongly directional. Sound arriving from off axis is attenuated even more than with a cardioid. The pickup is “drier” and less susceptible to acoustic feedback than any other SCHOEPS microphone type (a loudspeaker should not be located directly along the rear axis of the microphone, however).
Its directivity is highly independent of frequency, so that even sounds arriving off axis and reverberant sound are registered without coloration. Consequently, even distant placement of the capsule produces a very natural sound pickup. This is a real advantage over interference-tube “shotgun” microphones, whose directivity is very frequency-dependent – exceeding that of a supercardioid only at higher frequencies. Interference-tube microphones are notoriously sensitive to their position in a room, where the shifting patterns of reflections cause corresponding shifts in sound color.
- supercardioid with highly consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- for music and speech
- high directivity, comparable to that of a short “shotgun“ microphone up through midrange frequencies
- often preferred for use in film sound recording and as a spot microphone in orchestras
The CCM 41 is a surprisingly effective, space-saving alternative to shotgun microphones – and being small, it can often be placed closer to the sound source. An M/S microphone arrangement can be set up at quite some distance from the sound source if a CCM 41 is used for the “M“ channel.
VARIANTS & OPTIONS
- No. 191701 “Matching of microphone capsules including certificate”: Although our normal production tolerances are very close, we can deliver specially matched compact microphone pairs.
- Each CCM microphone is available as a standard version “L” with a Lemo plug and as a version “U” with a permanently attached 5 m cable and XLR-3M connector.
|Frequency range||see the corresponding capsule|
|Sensitivity||see the corresponding capsule|
|Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %)||136 dB-SPL (P48)|
128 dB-SPL (P12)
|Maximum output voltage||2,6 V (8,3 dbV) with 2 kΩ load|
|Low cut filter||20 Hz, 12 dB/Okt.|
|Output impedance||90 Ω @ 1 kHz|
|Maximum cable length||> 400m|
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||No|
|Powering standard / Valid range||P48 / >40 V|
P12 / >10 V
|Current consumption||4 mA (P48)|
3,6 mA (P12)
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||> 55 dB|
|Minimum recommended load impedance||2 kΩ|
|Output||Lemo (CCM-L) or XLR-3M (CCM-U),|
analog, 1 channel
|Length||46 mm (CCM-L)|
|Weight||45 g (CCM-L)|
|Surface finish||matte gray (g)|
or custom color