Universal Audio Apollo x8 Heritage Edition
Produce album-ready sounds in real-time.
Apollo x8 gives creators running bigger projects and bedroom studios the same professional analog tones heard on your favorite records. With elite‑class conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Apollo x8 is the only interface that lets you record through preamps from Neve, API, Manley, and more — with near‑zero latency — giving you professional sound in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface.
- Get professional sound with the widest dynamic range and the lowest noise available
- Record your vocals and synths in realtime through classic mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more
- Link up to four Apollos for 160 channels of premium I/O and control it from Apollo Twin
- Create seamless hardware-software integration and analog console modeling in LUNA Recording System
Hear Every Detail in your Recordings
Record Synths and Vocals through Iconic Preamps
With its four onboard Unison™ preamps, Apollo x8 is the only interface that lets you track in realtime through preamps and channel strips from Neve, Manley, API, and dozens more, giving you the same rich analog texture as the hardware used on decades of iconic music.*
Get the Pro Sounds of Analog Hardware, in a Single Rack Space
Right out of the box, Apollo’s included plug-ins give you album-ready tones in real time with professional tools like the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Fairchild compressors, amps from Marshall and Ampeg, and more. Plus, Apollo lets you tap into the entire UAD plug-in library, giving you the proven hit-making sounds of Ocean Way Studios, Capitol Chambers, and hundreds more.
Record with a Fast, Natural Workflow using LUNA
Apollo works with all major DAWs, but only LUNA Recording System gives you seamless integration with Apollo, for big analog studio sound — in real time — using a host of built-in features and extensions from API console modeling to genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape.
Your New Analog Studio, Expanded
Link up to four Apollos for 156 channels of premium I/O as your studio grows, and control it all from your desktop using Apollo Twin or x4.
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more*
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, and AAX in all major DAWs
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Shape world-class recordings with a curated bundle of top UAD plug‑ins
- Get complete plug-in Collections from Teletronix, Helios, Pultec, and more
- Inject rich analog warmth into your mixes with the world’s best hardware emulations
The new Apollo Heritage Editions deliver a premium software suite of 5 or 10 award-winning UAD plug‑in titles — including the full Collections from Teletronix,® Fairchild,® Pultec,® Helios,® and UA — conveniently packaged at significant savings.
These are the same UAD plug‑ins that built UA’s reputation for analog modeling over the past decade — including vintage compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and reverb — giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations anywhere, right out of the box.
Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection
The Helios Type 69 Console was the desk employed to record masterpieces by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, and more. This stunning plug‑in collection lets you shape your tracks with legendary Type 69 midrange push, and tweak low-end characters with uniquely voiced low-frequency boost and cut filters.
Based on a classic German tube mic preamp developed more than 70 years ago, the V76 Preamplifier plug‑in gives you an amazingly rich tone with gentle shaping that’s perfect for nearly every source — vocals, acoustic guitars, strings, drums, or bass — and is Unison-enabled for use with Apollo interfaces.
Oxide Tape Recorder
Easily inject the warm color, punchy low-end response, and cohesion of large format analog tape recording to your tracks with the Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in. Simple Input/Output controls, 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speed selection, and two emphasis curves let you quickly call up colorful and extremely authentic tape textures.
Teletronix LA‑3A Audio Leveler
A “secret weapon” capable of moving sounds right to the front of your speakers, this solid-state electro‑optical compressor lets you easily add energy and harmonics to vocals and acoustic guitars, make snare drums pop out of the mix, and add grit and texture to bass guitar and soft synths.
Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection
Born in the 1950s, Fairchilds are extremely rare and coveted audio compressors. From the flagship 670, a stereo compressor that injects vibe and color to your stereo bus, to the smaller 660 — perfect for adding power to the piano, bass, and guitar — this collection offers the same silky sonics that helped shape records by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, and countless Motown artists.
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plug‑in versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums, and more.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection
Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects — especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
1176 is many producers’ “desert island\” compressor — adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations and is widely regarded as the world’s most authentic 1176 plug‑in collection.
Pure Plate Reverb
Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA’s renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
UA’s iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly “classic.” The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.