The CMIT 5 is SCHOEPS’ shotgun microphone which has set a new standard for shotgun microphones since its release. The CMIT 5’s directionality increases smoothly with higher frequencies, which results in a very balanced sonic character. In addition to this, the microphone’s sound level decreases softly yet steadily for off-axis sounds, allowing these to be recorded neutrally as well as reducing the effects of movement during boom operation. The CMIT 5 also has a much stronger directionality than one might expect from a microphone of its length. If required, the CMIT 5 can also be used for music recordings, for example, opera recordings.
- unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
- suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
- rotationally symmetrical polar pattern
- even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS super-cardioid
- very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
The sound quality of the CMIT 5 remains consistent even if the microphone is rotated on its axis since its directional pattern is the same in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to the recording situation:
- High-frequency emphasis (+5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens;
- A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise;
- A gentle low-frequency roll-off (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect.
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the SCHOEPS Colette series.
VARIANTS & OPTIONS
On special request, the CMIT 5 can be ordered with a grey or Chromagreen surface.
|Pickup pattern||Supercardioid / lobe-shaped|
|Frequency range||40 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-35 dB (V/Pa), 18 mV/Pa|
|Equivalent noise level (A-weighted)||13 dB|
|Equivalent noise level (CCIR)||24 dB|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted)||81 dB|
|Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %)||131 dB-SPL (P48)|
|Maximum output voltage||1.3 V (2.5 dBV) with 1 kΩ load|
|High shelf filter||switchable, +5 dB at 10 kHz|
|Low cut filter||switchable, 80 Hz, 18 dB/oct.|
|Proximity filter||switchable, 300 Hz, 6 dB/oct.|
|Minimum recommended load impedance||1 kΩ|
|Output impedance||50 Ω|
|Maximum cable length||> 400 m|
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||Yes|
|Powering standard / Valid range||P48 / >34 V|
|Current consumption||4.4 mA (P48)|
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||> 65 dB|
|Output||XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel|
|Surface finish||blue or custom color|