The Dramastic Audio Obsidian, through the use of several proprietary methods, performs a range of tasks unheard of from the average SSL type VCA buss compressor.
The first difference the user will notice is that the unit suffers no ‘shrinkage’ to the audio sound field. The highs stay brilliant and clear and the bottom will continue to thunder – especially with the unit’s internal High Pass Filter engaged on the unit’s detection circuit.
The second thing the user will notice is that when the AUTO release time is employed the audio has a smooth, rich texture without any pumping or breathing. From there, if the user has decided that the audio is a little too smooth for their application a simple click of the release switch to the Lo-Fi setting will net all the “in your face” aggression a user may desire.
Overall the clarity and performance of this unit is unparalleled by any unit based around a Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA) gain reduction cell.
The Custom TXIO Enhanced transformer balanced input/output interface gives the Obsidian its unique sound, making the it an an excellent way to add warmth and character to digital audio workstations.
Dramastic Audio Obsidian Features:
- TXIO Enhanced™ Transformer Balanced I/O
- Precision Stepped Controls To Accurately Recall Settings
- VCA Feed-Forward Compression
- Side-Chain Input XLR
- Selectable Internal High Pass Filter
- Superior Imaging
- Ratio settings: 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 10:1, 12:1 and 20:1
- Attack control range: 0.1, 0.3, 1.0, 3.0, 10, and 30 mSec
- Release control range: 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1.2 sec, AUTO and Lo-Fi
- Makeup Gain Output 12 db
- Made in USA