Hand-built multi-pattern condenser microphone designed primarily for studio use on demanding sources like acoustic instruments, drum overheads, and vocals. Mabel features a unique copper-ringed head basket with brass grill work, held in a pivoting mount in a stainless-steel yoke, and a copper-and-brass body.
Mabel uses two fixed-cardioid electret medium-large diaphragm (26mm) condenser capsules, individually tested and selected to match each other and strict design criteria. The circuit is a transformerless FET with fully-balanced output, incorporating thorough EMI protection. Other electrical components in the signal path are highest-quality metal film resistors, polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors, and individually tested, hand-matched and biased transistors and JFETs.
The dual-cardioid-capsule design is an uncommon approach to a multi-pattern mic. It has advantages such as an especially deep null at the sides of the figure 8 pattern.
In studio for vocals, acoustic instruments, overheads. Multiple patterns provide different tonal options.
• Handmade microphone with unique appearance
• Multiple switch-selectable patterns – cardioid, omni, figure-8
• Pivoting head for ease of positioning
• Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
• Integral silk and mesh pop filter
• Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
• Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit
• Packed in metal tool case with custom-cut foam padding. Clip included
Tucker Martine (Flora Recording)
• TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, large (26 mm) diaphragm
• POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 – 18K hz (-3dB)
• SENSITIVITY: -33dB (23 mV/Pa) cardioid, -38dB (12 mV/Pa) omni & figure 8
• OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm • NOISE LEVEL, A-weighted: <17 dBA • POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power • WEIGHT: 1.2 lb (4 lbs cased) • DIMENSIONS: 8 1/2” x 4 1/2” x 1 3/4”; head is 2 1/2” in diameter