Eventide Precision Time Align is a high precision, sub-sample delay that can slide a track forward or backward in time. It will help you get perfectly synchronized double-tracked recordings and significantly eliminate timing anomalies and phase issues from your mix on multi-mic’d drums, vocals, and instruments.
Precision Time Align allows for synchronizing signals to microsecond accuracy, up to 1/64th of a sample. Recording drums, an electric guitar cabinet, or vocals with more than one mic can be challenging. While the sound recorded from each microphone might sound good on its own, mixing them together can introduce phase anomalies like comb filtering (phased, hollow sound) or low-frequency attenuation. Editing in your DAW can help with time-alignment on a sample level, but Precision Time Align gives you much, much finer control – 64x higher resolution, in fact.
- Synchronize signals to microsecond accuracy, up to 1/64th of a sample
- Phase Invert button fixes mirror-image acoustical phasing
- Precise Coarse and Fine controls optimize time shift in recordings
- Perform negative delays, moving the track up in time relative to other tracks in the recording
- Four different methods for calibrating the signal to achieve perfect signal matching
- Precision Time Delay is also included for use with DAWs lacking delay compensation
- Much faster and more accurate workflow than trying to manually align in your DAW
Whether you wish to combine multiple tracks of a single instrument, compensate for phasing from different mics on a kick drum, or align audio segments for a tracking-only session, Precision Time Align is ideal for these critical engineering tasks.