The Genelec GLM Kit includes the GLM network adaptor, 8300A calibration microphone, and microphone holder, 1.8 meter USB cable, and Quick Connection Guide. The network adaptor connects to your Mac or PC via the supplied USB cable, and to your monitors via a 5 meter Ethernet cable (which is supplied separately with each SAM monitor).
GLM software gives you the power to connect, calibrate, and control your Genelec Smart Active Monitoring system, and minimize the unwanted acoustic influences of your room. Their new GLM 4 now offers an elegant user interface and a host of valuable extra features – helping you to create an unrivaled and truthful sonic reference.
Lost in translation?
If you’ve ever been frustrated that your mixes don’t translate well to other systems, it’s because your monitors and your room are interacting to produce a frequency response that can be far from the neutral and smooth response that you need to create a great mix that translates consistently to the outside world.
Unleash your creativity
GLM 4 software tightly integrates with the advanced internal DSP circuitry which our growing family of Genelec Smart Active Monitors and Subwoofers is equipped with, from the tiny 8320 to the massive 1236. GLM 4’s reference microphone kit allows your acoustic environment to be analyzed, after which GLM 4’s AutoCal feature optimizes each monitor for level, distance delay, subwoofer crossover phase, and room response equalization, with the option for you to further fine-tune the system. By minimizing your room’s negative influence on the sound, GLM 4 will unleash your creativity and give you the confidence to know that your mixes will sound just as you intended them to – wherever they’re being heard.
But that’s not all. Having optimized your monitoring system for your room, GLM acts as a powerful monitor controller – giving you the ability to switch between monitors, maintain precise control of listening levels, and much more.
Created in conjunction with designer Harri Koskinen, the intuitive new GLM 4 user interface fuses clean, attractive aesthetics with a unique character. Harri’s inspired hexagonal design also supports the idea of natural growth, so that GLM 4 will help you develop your own listening skills and allow your monitoring system to expand and evolve. With a choice of Chinese, English, Finnish, German, Japanese, Korean and Spanish languages – and both light and dark color themes – GLM 4 is the most user-friendly version of GLM ever.
Get ready to network
To enable GLM software to integrate with your Smart Active Monitors, you’ll also need the Genelec network adaptor kit (8300-601) – which includes the GLM network adaptor, 8300A calibration microphone, and microphone holder, 1.8 m USB cable, and Quick Connection Guide. The network adaptor connects to your Mac or PC via the supplied USB cable, and to your monitors via a 5 meter CAT cable (which is supplied separately with each monitor).
Please note that GLM can’t control ‘classic’ Genelec analog monitors. If you’re using their standard active models, be sure to adjust their rear-panel DIP switches for a neutral frequency response after placement in the room. Full details can be found in every user manual.
With GLM 4 you can…
• Automatically adjust in-room frequency response, distance delay, and listening level.
• Adjust, personalize, and store any automatic setting freely.
• Create and expand systems to suit all types of stereo, multi-channel, or 3D immersive audio formats
• Sample room responses in an unlimited number of microphone locations.
• Switch between multiple monitoring systems using the same DAW outputs.
• Activate solo, mute, and standard calibrated listening levels.
• Engage bass management or entire system delay offsets.
• Switch between listening locations, including individual monitor time offsets.
• Manage and control more than 80 Genelec monitors and subwoofers.
• Access GLM Cloud services for the latest updates and to contact our expert helpdesk.
• Enjoy the benefits of consistent performance and accurate monitoring in any production environment.