EXTRA-LARGE DIAPHRAGM FET CONDENSER
The Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 is three distinct FET microphones packed into a single, hand-finished brass enclosure. Designed in close collaboration with renowned producer and mix engineer Fab Dupont, the Atlantis provides a dynamic and versatile wealth of sound that makes picking the right microphone for even the most troublesome sources as easy as flipping a switch. From modern, tight, and bright to smoky vintage velvet, the Atlantis offers an analog abundance of ready-for-mix sounds in a single microphone.
ONE OF A KIND CAPSULE
A microphone’s capsule captures music’s most meaningful moments and converts them into electricity with relentlessly unforgiving results. Our precision-crafted 38mm capsule is one of the largest in the world — one of a kind super-transducer designed in Silicon Valley and tuned by hand to capture the spirit, soul, and wonder of performance with unprecedented authenticity and realism.
The Atlantis signal path is populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors, a US-made low-noise FET, and a custom-wound output transformer that puts the finishing touches on every sound that passes through its copper windings. The result is a smooth, mix-ready sound brimming with life.
THREE-WAY GAIN STAGING; MUCH MORE THAN JUST A PAD
+10dB is ideal for use with quiet sound sources and consumer-grade audio interfaces where more character from the microphone itself is desired.
0dB sets the output of the Atlantis to its default output gain selection.
-10dB is useful when more color and saturation from a high-end preamp is desired, or when paired with very loud sounds.
• Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 at a glance
• Designed to tackle any vocalist and much more…
• Multi-voicing switch for three distinct timbres
• +10dB feature great for added presence
• -10dB pad switch to tame loud sources
• The perfect choice for both amateurs and professionals
• Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8 polar patterns
The voicing switch makes the Atlantis an extremely diverse microphone. The options are F (Forward), N (Neutral), and G (Gentle). Forward offers a very open response and a very modern, revealing sound. Neutral is a more even response with a slight de-emphasis on mid and high frequencies for a more classic sound. Gentle offers tame harsh, bright, or very forward sources or a very vintage sound. As you will see below, each voicing setting has a unique frequency response; it’s like getting three microphones in one. The multi-voicing feature is an extremely powerful option when recording vocals and many other sources. There is no need to swap out different microphones or EQ on the way in; simply flip the switch on the rear, compare the various timbre qualities, and start recording.
Unique 3-way Gain Switch
The Atlantis also features Lauten’s unique three-position attenuation and gain switch. The +10dB gain switch, which boosts the microphone’s output, makes it less dependent on preamps to achieve excellent sound. This is an excellent option when you want to hear more of the microphone’s internal character rather than the preamp. The -10dB Pad gives you the option to record very loud sources adding even more options to this extremely diverse microphone.
Atlantis FC-387 Features & Specifications
• Extra-large 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule
• Circuit: Solid-State low-noise FET
• Cardioid, Omni & Figure-8 polar patterns
• Type: Pressure gradient condenser
• 3 unique voicing options
• Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
• +10dB gain
• Freq. Response: 20Hz-20KHz
• -10dB pad
• Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
• Low noise FET
• Impedance: <200 ohmS
• High resolution capacitors
• Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
• Custom wound output transformer Self-noise level: < 12dB(A)
• Sensitivity:16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1KHz
• Special Features: 3 unique timbre settings
• Special Features: -10 dB pad & +10dB gain
• Requires 48v Phantom power