With Melodyne 5 Essential, you edit your vocals using the basic functions for pitch and timing. Musical, quick, and easy. And if you need more, you can always upgrade, paying only the difference.
- Grammy Award-winning technology
- exceptionally musical and intuitive note-based way of working
- the algorithms Melodic (with Sibilant Detection), Percussive, and Universal
- Melodyne’s Main Tool for editing pitch and timing
- macros for optimizing intonation, timing quantization, and leveling
- the Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition
- tempo detection
- full compatibility: VST 3, AU, AAX, stand-alone
- integration via ARA Audio Random Access (depending on the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 64-bit
- current version: 5
Even if you wish to do nothing more than make minor corrections to your vocals from time to time, there’s no need to dispense with Melodyne. Because Melodyne essential – besides being extremely easy to use – offers the same Grammy Award-winning sound quality as the larger editions.
In addition to the features listed above, Melodyne essential offers:
All the algorithms except DNA: This means you can edit monophonic vocal and instrumental tracks, as well as drums, and even entire mixes (by time-stretching or transposing them, for instance). All that’s missing is the ability to edit individual notes played by polyphonic instruments such as the piano or guitar.
Melodyne’s Main Tool: With the Main Tool, you can edit each note’s pitch, timing, and duration as well as note separations. This – combined with the macros for pitch, timing, and dynamics – allows you to make simple improvements fast, without having to deal with the more advanced functions.
In a nutshell: Melodyne essential is the easy-access point of entry to Melodyne’s unique editing environment – with the option of upgrading to a larger edition at any time, for only the difference in the price of the two editions.