Melodyne 5 studio
How you want to work with audio today
Melodyne 5 studio is the complete Melodyne, with all of Melodyne’s unique functions and possibilities. For professional vocal editing, choirs, instruments of all kinds, and samples. And with a multi-track workflow unsurpassed in terms of ease of use and musicality.
- Grammy Award-winning technology, including DNA Direct Note Access
- exceptionally musical and intuitive note-based way of working
- the algorithms Melodic (with Sibilant Detection), Percussive, Universal, Polyphonic
- Multitrack Note Editing – edit multiple tracks in a single Melodyne window
- the complete Melodyne toolkit
- macros for correcting intonation, timing quantization, and leveling – even across tracks
- the Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition
- tempo detection and editing
- the Sound Editor, offering unique control over tone colors
- comprehensive functions for the editing of scales, tuning systems, and temperaments
- inspectors for quick access to all parameters
- polyphonic audio-to-MIDI export
- full compatibility: VST 3, AU, AAX, stand-alone
- integration via ARA Audio Random Access (depending on the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 64-bit
- current version: 5
Melodyne studio is the largest edition, designed for professionals working with multiple tracks. Also, in the field of sound design, Melodyne studio opens up new vistas with its unique function set.
In addition to all the functions of the smaller editions, Melodyne studio offers:
Multi-tracking: You can access all your DAW’s Melodyne tracks in a single window and display as many tracks as you like simultaneously in the Note Editor. So with backing vocals or choral works, for example, you have a clear view of the entire musical context and can edit related tracks together.
Multitrack Note Editing: In the Note Editor, you can make any selection of notes from the displayed tracks and edit them simultaneously. Transcending track boundaries. Using all the tools. Ideal for bringing backing vocals, for instance, into tighter alignment, changing their harmonic structure, or improving their voice-leading – as effortlessly as if they were all on the same track.
Track-transcending macros: Intelligent macros let you enhance or perfect simultaneously the intonation, timing, and dynamics of any selection of notes on any number of tracks.
Quantize to a reference track: With the Quantize Time macro, you can use the timing of one track as a reference for the quantization of others, turning a ragged ensemble into something tight and disciplined in next to no time.
The Sound Editor: Melodyne knows the overtone structure of every single note, and the access the Melodyne Sound Editor gives you to the timbre of your voices and instruments is just as far-reaching. Ranging from ingenious overtone macros to an exceptionally musical EQ, morphing, and much else besides, the sound design possibilities are unique.
In a nutshell: The unparalleled efficiency of its multitrack workflow and comprehensive capabilities for the editing of vocals and all instruments make Melodyne studio the ultimate professional tool for state-of-the-art audio editing. Musical, intuitive, and awesomely efficient.