The Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 is a light-weight, compact point-source loudspeaker, boasting 1950W of power, exceptional high-fidelity reproduction, precise imaging, and several mounting options.
Point-source speakers are the holy grail of studio monitors and live sound reinforcement. The concept of point-source designs is to ensure that all frequencies arrive simultaneously at the listener’s ear. That combined with technology from Meyer’s LEO-series line-array loudspeakers, whose superior directivity enables a positive audience experience in even the most hostile aural environments, (such as sports arenas and disused stadiums), makes the light-weight, compact, yet extremely powerful ULTRA-X40 the current benchmark in live sound reinforcement for venues of all sizes. Meyer Sound’s ULTRA-X40 is the latest iteration of UPA loudspeakers, which have been a universal standard in almost every application for over 35 years. From touring performances to theme parks, worship venues to Broadway shows, and lecture halls to large scale concerts, Meyer Sound technology has delivered exceptional fidelity with high power, low distortion, and uniformly predictable behavior. If sound is your product, it should be Meyer Sound.
Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40—at a glance:
- Exceptional fidelity and surprising power capability delivered in a compact, light enclosure
- Extraordinarily flat amplitude and phase response ensures tonal accuracy and
- Precise imaging
- Wide pattern covers broad listening areas
- Rotatable horn provides installation flexibility
- Integral stand mount and QuickFly mounting options facilitate rigging
- Innovative, highly efficient class-D amplifier that reproduces any sound source with linearity over a wide dynamic range
- Sophisticated DSP provides electronic crossover management, phase and frequency response correction filters, and driver protection circuitry
- Over 20 lb. (10 kg.) of weight reduction, as well as a reduction in overall size for increased power to weight and size ratios
- A concentric driver configuration with all the benefits of a coaxial driver, yet none of the disadvantages.
- Supports directional control of frequencies down to 400Hz
- An extremely well-behaved rotatable horn designed for very precise, even coverage
Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40—Parsing the Details
Precision concentric driver configuration
The ULTRA-X40 brings the technology breakthroughs in Meyer Sound’s flagship LEO Family line arrays to a versatile, compact loudspeaker. Its innovative concentric-driver configuration couples two 8″ cone drivers to a rotatable waveguide surrounding a 3″ high-frequency compression driver, to deliver smooth response across its entire range and directional control down to 400Hz. This horn design, in conjunction with the concentric driver configuration, delivers the same pattern despite the orientation.
Stunningly powerful, impressively compact
The ULTRA-X40 breaks new ground in power-to-size performance, thanks to its ultra-efficient 3-channel Class-D amplifier that provides peak output of 1,950 watts with a maximum sustained current draw of just 1.3A (230 V AC). And, it delivers a linear peak SPL of 130.5dB free-field at 1 meter measured with Meyer Sound M-Noise. All this in a speaker that’s just 12-1/2″ by 22″ by 14″ inches and less than 55 pounds—20 pounds lighter than its predecessor, the UPA-1P.
Broaden or narrow your coverage
Two horn options give you total flexibility in system design. The ULTRA-X40’s precisely-tuned, rotatable 110° x 50° Constant-Q horn delivers uniform response throughout its coverage area. Need more focused coverage? Choose the ULTRA-X42 variation, which offers a narrower 70° x 50° pattern.
For touring, clubs, or fixed installation
The ULTRA-X40 brings new versatility to system design and deployment. It’s at home in any portable or installed application requiring predictable, controllable wide coverage, from concert halls and clubs to houses of worship, theatrical sound reinforcement, theme parks, stadiums, concert halls, and nightclubs. It’s perfect for front-fill and under balcony use and in portable A/V systems and small voice-reinforcement systems.
Numerous mounting options
If you can dream it, you can install it, with ULTRA-X40’s flexible rigging and mounting options. An integral handle can be used for portable applications or removed for permanent installation; 11 integral M8 points and an integral 35 mm pole-mount receptacle broaden the possibilities. Optional rigging accessories include an adjustable pole with M20 slug, a U-bracket, a yoke, a pinnable link on a channel for hanging multiple units from a single pick-up point, and cluster plates for versatile loudspeaker grouping.
The ULTRA-X40’s internal signal processing includes electronic crossover management, phase and frequency response correction filters, and driver protection circuitry. It all adds up to ultra-flat amplitude and phase response for exceptional impulse response and precise imaging.
Power up with peace of mind
ULTRA-X40 is equipped with Meyer Sound’s Intelligent AC, which auto-selects correct operating voltage, suppresses high-voltage transients, filters EMI, and provides soft-start power-up.
System status is a click away
Don’t leave system management to chance: Optional RMS remote monitoring lets you keep a close eye on loudspeaker parameters from a Windows or Mac computer.
The ULTRA-X40’s trapezoidal enclosure is crafted from premium multi-ply birch with a finely textured finish. A powder-coated, perforated steel grille protects the driver elements. Full weather protection and custom color finishes are also available.
- Stadiums and theme parks
- Concert halls and houses of worship
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- Portable and installed audio-visual systems
- Compact voice reinforcement systems
The Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 establishes a new standard of power and clarity in point-source loudspeakers. Order today. For more information, call or chat online with your Parson’s Audio Professional.
Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 Specifications:
- Operating frequency range: 60Hz – 18kHz
- Phase response: 100Hz – 16kHz ±45°
- Linear peak SPL1: 130.5dB (M-noise), 128dB (Pink Noise), 131.5dB (B-noise)
- Rotatable horn: 110° x 50° (ULTRA-X40) or 60°x 50° (ULTRA-X42)
- Low frequency
- Two 8″ cone drivers
- One 3″ diaphragm compression driver connected to a rotatable horn
- XLR 3 female input with male loop output. Optional XLR 5-pin connector to accommodate both balanced audio and RMS signals
- Audio source must be capable of producing of +20 dBV (10V RMS) into 600 ohm to produce the maximum peak SPL over the operating bandwidth of the loudspeaker
- 3-channel, Class-D
Total Output Power
- 1950W peak
- powerCON 20-input with loop output
Safety-rated voltage range
- 100–240V AC, 50–60Hz
- Maximum Long-term continuous current (>10 sec)
- 3A RMS (115 V AC); 1.16A RMS (230V AC); 2.8A RMS (100V AC)
- 12-1/2″ x H: 22-5/16″ x 14″ (318 x 567 x 356 mm)
- < 55 lb. (25 kg)
- Premium multi-ply birch with slightly textured black finish