Schoeps CCM 4P
This Schoeps CCM 4P cardioid microphone is designed for the very closest speech pickup, i.e. directly in front of the speaker’s mouth.
Its low-frequency roll-off is compensated by the proximity effect. Thus it has (up to the point of its high-frequency emphasis) a flat frequency response for the speaker’s voice while showing a roll-off at low frequencies for all sound that originates from a greater distance. As a result, background sounds are picked up less strongly than the person speaking.
- cardioid pattern
- for pickup of speech or music at close range (under 20 cm)
- moderate attenuation of low frequencies
- Preferred applications: close speech pickup
- 1994: Launch of the CCM, hybrid technology circuit. The capsule part is identical to the MK capsules from the beginning
- 2016: better RF filter to protect from interferences
- 2017: Polarization voltage generator now with a higher frequency above 200 kHz due to down pitching in sound design applications.
VARIANTS & OPTIONS
- No. 191701 “Matching of microphone capsules including certificate”: Although our normal production tolerances are very close, we can deliver specially matched compact microphone pairs.
- No. 191102 custom color: other custom colors on request
- Each CCM microphone is available as a standard version “L” with a Lemo plug and as a version “K” with a permanently attached 5 m cable and XLR-3M connector.