Sound Devices HX-3 Key Features List
- Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls.
- 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response.
- Durable 1/4-inch connectors, panel-mounted for strength.
- Stereo or mono monitoring.
- Peak LED indicates headphone overload.
- Two balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
- Loop Output to connect additional HX-3’s in series.
- All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity.
- Free from “Pin-1” grounding problems.
- Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries.
- Chassis-isolated 5 to 18 VDC input for easy external DC powering.
- Power LED indicates low battery power.
- High strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective metal end panels.
The HX-3: Portable Headphone Distribution Amplifier
The compact HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier is the perfect accessory to quickly provide three high-performance stereo headphone feeds with individual level controls from line-level sources. The HX-3 can produce very high headphone levels with extremely low noise and distortion.
Great for Radio, TV, Film, and Music Productions
The HX-3 accepts balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs. Its 1/4-inch loop-out can connect multiple HX-3’s for additional headphone outputs. Headphones are connected to panel-mounted 1/4-inch stereo connectors.
The HX-3 has a durable aluminum chassis to withstand the punishment of field and studio environments. The unit is powered by inexpensive batteries (two-AA) or external 5-18 VDC.
One-year standard warranty turns into two-years upon registration.
Click Here for more information.
What’s in the box:
- HX-3 Headphone Amplifier
- Headphone adapter cable (1⁄4 inch to 1⁄8 inch)
- Coaxial female power connector
- 4 Adhesive rubber “bumpers”