Sound Devices MP-1 Overview
MP-1 Key Features
- Superb audio specifications
- 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
- Transformer-balanced input and output
- Phantom power – 48 volts or 12 volt
- High pass filter @ 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Limiter makes unit virtually “unclippable”
- High current line output drive
- Excellent immunity to RF interference.
- Battery power (two x AA)
- Durable mechanical construction
Battery-powered single-channel microphone preamplifier, with 48 V phantom, limiter, and high-pass filter. Powered from 2-AA batteries.
The MP-1: Portable, battery-powered microphone preamplifier with phantom power
Designed for high-definition field production environments, the MP-1 is an ideal studio-quality mic pre for critical radio, television, and film applications.
The MP-1 is extremely durable and easy to use. With rugged mechanical and electrical construction and high-quality components, it will provide years of superb audio performance under the most punishing field conditions.
Simple to Use
The MP-1 provides up to 66 dB of clean, nearly noiseless gain. Its transformer-balance microphone preamplifier offers a two-position highpass filter, extended range, selectable peak limiter, and 48 V phantom power, ensuring superior sonic quality and freedom from interference problems.
What’s in the box:
- MP-1 Mic Preamp
- 4 Adhesive rubber “bumpers”