Steinberg Cubase Pro
Do you want to start creating your own music, bring your production up to a professional level, or streamline your workflow for short deadlines? Whatever you need, Cubase helps you to reach your full creative potential. From Hollywood blockbuster composers and Billboard Hot 100 producers right through to keen beginners, the world of music production trusts the comprehensive feature set, straightforward tools, and unrivaled sound of our acclaimed music production software.
- The reference standard for music production software
- Produce tracks from start to finish
- Suitable for all genres, levels, and budgets
- Fast, flexible, and intuitive workflows
Fresh features for Cubase 12 Pro
- MIDI Remote integration: MIDI Remote scripts are revolutionizing production workflows — map functions to your MIDI devices for faster control
- VariAudio with Scale Assistant: Improved precision pitch editing for both processed and organic vocal corrections
- Audio to MIDI chords: Groundbreaking drag-and-drop Chord Track lets software automate MIDI recreations of audio files, great for study, inspiration, and more
- FX Modulator: A robust multi-effect modulator hub for adding texture and depth to sounds
- AudioWarp improvements: Correct audio and timing issues with fewer clicks than in previous Cubase versions
- Workflow improvements: Updated workflow functions and command keys
- Raiser: This new Cubase limiter is a flexible dynamics processing tool that’s useful for mastering
- Sample accurate volume automation: Incredibly precise automated sample volumes independent from the buffer size
- Logical Editor improvements: Expanded Logical Editor for customized and empowering command and control setups
- Verve: A timely new felt piano sample suite that adds the dreamy warm intimacy of felt-padded keys to your bag of tricks
- Dolby Atmos tools: Full mixing support for Dolby’s Atmos surround sound system right out of the box
- Postproduction perks: Several new features borrowed straight from Steinberg’s powerful Nuendo postproduction program
- Full digital licensing: Say goodbye to Steinberg USB authenticator keys, it’s all digital now!
Match the timing of audio events with Automatic Audio Alignment
Thanks to Cubase’s Automatic Audio Alignment function, locking different audio tracks together is simple. This is a must-have professional tool for aligning harmony vocals and stacking double-tracked guitars. It’s also ideal for solving the phasing problems that often occur when using multi-microphone techniques.
Compose music the easy way with Chord Pads and Chord Track
Writing chord progressions with Cubase is super fast thanks to its easy-to-use Chord Pads. Play with chords and patterns in real-time, while using Cubase parameters to change chords as you go. You can play Chord Pads with your MIDI keyboard with real-time effects for easy writing and experimentation with the ability to change voicings, harmonic tensions, and more as inspiration strikes. Plus, Cubase 12 Pro’s new add Chord Track enables the automatic conversion of audio files into MIDI data for rapid adaptation of audio to your tracks.
Create a perfect track with Comping
While you’re tracking, Cubase instantly creates a Lane Track for each take. You can easily swipe across the best parts after completing multiple takes while Cubase automatically creates a master take from your selected parts. Building a perfect track couldn’t be easier! Once you have the perfect takes, Cubase 12 Pro also features Steinberg’s cutting-edge Raiser limiter plug-in and select Nuendo post-production tools for making essential final tweaks.
Transform your audio with AudioWarp Quantize
Ever wish you could quantize audio the same way you quantize MIDI? With Cubase, you can, use the convenient Quantize panel! A single mouse click is enough to non-destructively quantize single audio loops as well as your entire project. And because the audio events are warped rather than sliced, they automatically follow tempo or pitch changes within your project. In Cubase 12, AudioWarp is new and improved for streamlined workflows and track integration with fewer clicks.
Bring your visions to life with Channel Strip
Cubase’s Channel Strip was developed in collaboration with seasoned audio engineers, and it shows — it’s jam-packed with the feel and flavor of a top-tier analog console. Channel Strip modules are integrated into every mixer channel, ready to transform your songs into premium productions.
Turbocharge your mixing workflow with MixConsole
Not only does it shine with regard to usability, look, and feel, but Cubase’s MixConsole also captures the sonic essence of a high-end analog console. Its scalable full-screen mode is tailor-made for mouse-free operation, allowing you to use your computer keyboard to access its channel elements. It’s also optimized for screen readers for the visually impaired. View Sets and Channel Zones ensure maximum flexibility, while features like VCA faders, 1-click direct routing, customizable track icons, a track notepad, drag-and-drop support, and plug-in/channel search functions make you feel like you have a state-of-the-art mixing console in your computer.
Integrate performer mixes and monitoring setups with Control Room
Cubase is designed to be the heart of your studio, seamlessly integrating performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow. Thanks to its Control Room environment, you can create and manage up to four unique performer mixes, manage feeds from external audio sources, and utilize the built-in talkback function for communicating with performers.
|Audio engine||64 bit|
|Audio resolution||192 kHz|
|VST Instrument tracks||unlimited|
|Instrument sounds||> 3000|
|VST audio effect plug-ins||81|
|VST MIDI effect plug-ins||18|
|Physical inputs & outputs||256|
|Audio channel insert slots||16|
|FX send and return channels||S:8 – R:64|
|MIDI plug-in inserts slots & sends||4|