d&b audiotechnik 40D Amplifier
Installation specific high-performance four-channel amplifier
- Maximum output power
4 x 2000 W into 4/8 Ω
- Monitoring display, Color TFT touchscreen, 4.3″ / 480 x 272 pixel
- 12 configurable GPIOs (8x GPI, 4x GPO)
The 2 RU 40D amplifier provides the power density required for installation purposes while the powerful signal processing extends the level of functionality of the onboard features.
This device contains extended input management functionalities with separate Input Gain control for each input channel, General Purpose Inputs/Outputs (GPIO), and a General Fault connector. Enhanced system status monitoring functions such as Input and Load monitoring ensure suitability in an emergency situation.
The user interface of the amplifier consists of a 4.3″ color touchscreen providing comprehensive information on the device configuration and enhanced status monitoring.
The DSP integrated within the 40D incorporates comprehensive loudspeaker management, switchable filtering functions as well as user-definable equalization and delay capabilities. The user-definable equalizer features two independent 16-band EQ groups within each channel, providing parametric, notch, shelving, and asymmetric filters as well as a graphic EQ (via the d&b R1 Remote control software). The delay capability covers a range of up to 10 s. All loudspeaker-specific functions such as CUT, HFA, HFC, THC, or CPL are available. The DSP unit of the amplifier has a fixed latency of 0.3 ms.
The 40D is accessible via the d&b Remote network via Ethernet using the Open Control Architecture protocol (AES70 / OCA). The 40D is controlled using the integrated web interface, which enables access via a browser, or using the d&b R1 Remote control software.
For applicable loudspeakers, d&b LoadMatch enables the 40D amplifier to electrically compensate for the properties of the cable used to connect the loudspeakers to the amplifier output. This function which covers a bandwidth of up to 20 kHz preserves the tonal balance when cable lengths of up to 70 m (230 ft) are used.
Due to its design, LoadMatch does not require additional wires and is therefore applicable with any connector type used. To provide optimum compensation, cable length, and cross-sectional data as well as the number of loudspeakers connected to the amplifier channel can be entered into the amplifier.
System status monitoringd&b amplifiers incorporate specific functions to check, monitor and control a d&b system in a specific installation scenario. The System check feature can verify the status of a complete reinforcement system by measuring the impedance of the connected loudspeakers. Each driver in the system is checked and compared to the default impedance values for each particular cabinet. This calibration ensures that each loudspeaker performs within a tolerance band, and indicates possible damage to system components. The Input monitoring function can detect an incoming pilot signal regardless of whether this input is routed to an output. The Load monitoring function can detect a possible loudspeaker malfunction. This feature automatically checks load impedance to calculate individual driver status and report any failure.
GPIO and General Fault ContactThe d&b installation amplifiers incorporate separate Euroblock connectors for General Purpose Input / Output (GPIO) and a fault contact. The GPIO connector offers 8 GPI and 4 GPO pins providing additional control lines. This enables the use of external devices to control and detect certain functionalities within the 40D amplifier. The GPIOs can be configured to Power the device, mute individual or all channels, change the AmpPreset or check the Mains Voltage, Power or individual channel status. The separate fault contact allows a general device error to be remotely indicated.
Architectural specifications for detailed project planningDo you require architectural specifications? For a d&b system or a specific d&b Series? Here are the most important technical specifications ready for download.
Digital Signal Processing
- Equalizer – 2 x 16-band PEQ/notch/shelving/asymmetric
- Latency analog and digital inputs – 0.3 msec.
- Delay setting – 0.3 msec. – 10 sec.
- Configurations – current d&b loudspeakers (except GSL, SL-SUB, J-Series, M2, B22)
- Function switches – d&b loudspeaker-specific circuits
- Frequency generator – Pink noise or Sine wave 10 Hz – 20 kHz
Controls and indicators
- Status information and monitoring – Color touchscreen, 4.3″ 480 x 272 pixel
- Sampling frequency Digital AES/EBU – 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz
- INPUT ANALOG (A1 – A4) – 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- ANALOG LINK (A1 – A4) – 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- INPUT DIGITAL (D1/2, D3/4) – 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male, AES3
- DIGITAL LINK (Output) – 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male, AES3
- Speaker outputs A/B/C/D – 2 x 4-pin Phoenix Euroblock female
- Mix TOP/SUB / 2-Way Active output A/B and C/D – 2 x 4-pin Phoenix Euroblock female
- GPIO (General Purpose Input Output) – 1 x 14-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- ETHERNET – 2 x RJ 45, 1 Gbit / 100 Mbit
- Mains connector – powerCON® TRUE1 TOP
- FAULT – 1 x 3-pin Phoenix Euroblock male
- Data (linear setting with subsonic filter) – Maximum output power per channel (THD+N < 0.5%, all channels driven)
- CF = 12 dB at 4 / 8 ohms – 4 x 2400/2000 W
- Power supply Type – Autosensing switch mode power supply with active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Rated mains voltage – 100 – 127 / 208 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz
There are no reviews yet.